Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Happy Birthday, Sister!

My sister turns 40 today so I got her a pair of reading glasses--she's totally going to need them.  I am the big sister, so I just KNOW this is a fact, OK.  She might be taller than me, but I will ALWAYS be the big sister.

I made her a special card with the retiring Gypsy Heart patterned paper from the Paper Fundamentals Adventure Palette from Close to My Heart.  Yep, I realize it isn't Fundamental Friday yet, but I had to get this one in today!  ;)






I used a couple of stamp sets for this card:  Playful Pups from Mama Elephant, and the Jumping Geometrics Background stamps from Close to My Heart to give the blanket some texture.  I do need to learn a bit more coloring technique, but I LOVE coloring! 

See the special sheen of the embossed hearts on this side of the paper?
I used some of my MCT stitched dies to frame out the main part of the card and another from Mama Elephant to cut the edge of the blanket.

Love adding a simple touch to the inside of a card!
Happiest of birthdays to you sis!  Cannot wait to celebrate it with you!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!