Saturday, November 2, 2013

Two Words: One Layer (of Peace)

I don't think there have ever been two words that haunted me more than these two, lol.  What does it MEAN???  I absolutely love to challenge myself to go CAS (clean and simple) whenever I can.  Not only does this make creating quick(er), but it also is supposed to be easier, lol.  Huh?

Yep--One Layer is the code word(s) over at Addicted to CAS right now.  How easy terrifying is that?!  Well, let me show you!  :)


This is the third version of this particular card design that I have made, but this time I used a different tree.  You can take a peek at my first version HERE.   I still LOVE that Framework Alphabet from Close to My Heart in all its versatility!  The tree image is found on a retired Christmas My Acrylix called Christmas Love.  I stamped all the images directly onto the card base for a change, and then I colored in the star with my Gelly Roll Stardust Glitter pen.  *swoon*


SO, then is that ALL I can add to this little beauty?  I dutifully took my pics for the challenge and brought it back to my workspace.  I really added JUST a couple of details...but is it still CAS???


I really, really, really am loving this NEW washi tape that comes in the Close to My Heart Party Washi tape 3-pack.  Isn't it the BEST thing next to sparkle?  ;)  Speaking of sparkle, I added those too!  Just a few red ones on the Christmas tree.  So is it still CAS?


I hope the girls over at the challenge can help me out with this one...because I am just not sure!  What do you think, ladies?   :)

Linking this up with the Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge!  :)

Alright, so now, I want to introduce you to the NEW Stamp of the Month!  It is my absolute favorite so far...meet, Illuminate!  Yours for only $5 with a $50 purchase at mimimyselfandi.ctmh.com!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Amie. First of all, LOVE your design. Adding the tree in place of the A is fabulous. And, wanted to tell you that all three versions are CAS ... and one layer! Yep, adding a little washi tape is not adding a layer (at least in my book!). Great job ... love all three versions ... but I have to say that your last one is my favorite. That woodgrain washi tape is awesome! And I love the shine from the red gems. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS. Loll

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, love your designs. I don't think you need to fear CAS OR one layer anymore!! You rocked it. Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card, I love your idea with the tree! Beautiful washi too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous CAS design - such a clever idea to replace the letter A with a Christmas tree! Love the sparkle and Washi Tape on the last one!
    Thank you so much for joining in the fun at ATCAS - hope we will see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both versions of this card, Amie, very nice design! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea to replace the letter A with the Christmas tree. Love all 3 versions and I think we v=can definitely forgive the fab washi tape and gems! Thanks so much for joining our challenge at A2CAS.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!