Tuesday, September 15, 2015

My Journey Through Bible Journaling

Not too long ago...OK so like a year or more ago, lol, I ran across some blog posts about Bible journaling.  I fell in love with the idea of getting to the heart of God's word with art.  After all, art is one of the ways I speak my life...so it seems totally natural for God to speak more clearly to ME through it.

I started researching the how-tos and what supplies I might need to add to my collection to get started, ahem.  (I need supplies.  Right.)  I picked out the bible I wanted to use...and waited what seemed like eons for it to be back in stock SOMEWHERE, lol.  I guess LOTS of people discovered Bible journaling about the same time as me!  ;)

So, that brings me to today when I can finally say I completed a page!  I went so long not knowing where to begin...well, that is until I remembered to start at the very beginning--a VERY good place to start...


If you want the quick low-down on my supplies for this page, here you go:

Animal Greetings
Great Job
Close to My Heart Mini Pigment Inks
Hello, Life 
Faber Castel Gelatos
Watercolor Paints
Brushes
Wink of Stella Glitter Brush
leftover Cricut cut (flower from Art Philosophy)

I probably could have planned the animal arrangement out a bit better, but I was a teeeeeny bit excited.  ;)

I think I need some more animals to fill in the gaps...

My bunny was trapped by the fold of the spine...it hit my stamping block.  Ooops!

I stamped the leaf, sun, and planet with my Watercolor Paints.

Now, remember--I am NOT in any way a good sketch/drawing/painting artist.  Shoot, I hardly even like my own handwriting most of the time.  I stamp.  I color.  I cut paper.  I did the things I DO, not the things I don't.  And it was good.  :)

I will share lots more about my Bible Journaling Journey, so stay tuned!

This is the set I used from Hello, Life!

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh, I love this project! I can't wait to see more pages. This would be so fun for a Sunday School class. So many beautiful passages to color, ink, doodle, write personal notes, etc. I'm looking forward to seeing more!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!