Monday, March 2, 2015

Sticky Boy and the CTMH March Stamp of the Month Choose Happy

March is here, but where, OH, where is spring?  Here in the Midwest, well, actually, pretty much all over the USA, winter has a tight grip on us.  Thankfully, that hasn't stopped our fantastic Stamp of the Month program at Close to My Heart!  :)

I recently received a fantastic gift from my upline, Mandy--a limited edition Sticky Boy stamp!  She received them as a sales incentive promotion, and was excited to pass the duplicate Sticky Boys along to us.  The wonderful ladies on the Damask Divas Team nominated several teammates to receive him, and I was one!  I was so excited when he arrived!  Thanks, you guys!




I inked him up along with the new Choose Happy Stamp of the Month and made a special kind of shaker card...



There is a window in the card front that lets the sentiment inside the card show through!  This was very easy, so if you can get through this picture-heavy post, you will be all set to try one yourself!

First, I used my stitched circle dies from MCT to create all the circle cuts.  If you are using a pattern paper on the front of the card, attach it before you cut the circle.  Also, cut the circle in the CS that will cover the inside of your card to hide the acetate (but don't attach this one yet.)  Attach a rectangle of acetate packaging (mine is from cricut cartridges, lol) over the circle on the card front AFTER you stamp your sentiment through it for placement. I used my ATG to attach all my acetate and it worked perfectly.


You will need a ring of CS cut with the INNER circle the same diameter as the one on the card.  The acetate circle will be the same size as the larger circle of the ring in diameter.


Attach the acetate circle to the ring.  Then back the acetate side with foam tape to give your sequins space to move around.


My sequins from a Lawn Fawn package matched the colors for my card perfectly!  I lay them on the front of my card on the acetate circle and covered them with this circle... 


Finally, cover the inside of your card front with the CS to hide the acetate...I used Crystal Blue to match the ring of CS on the front.


Now you can finish decorating the front of your card!  :) 

Fussy cutting Sticky Boy...did you know he has his own FB Page?
Up in the top corner I stamped and cut out two balloons.  Then I used a swirly stamp from Choose Happy to make the balloon string.  I drew the second one in to match the swirly style...

I HAD to use the Purple Glitter Paper to make one of the balloons--I just stamped the BACK side of the paper.

I stamped Sticky Boy on the back-side of the Confetti Wishes pattern to give him a striped balloon.  Then I stamped him again on Crystal Blue SC to add that adorbs party hat.  Then I colored in the dots with the Marine Blue ShinHan Touch Twin Marker.  A little bit of bling from the Purple Glitter Gems finished it off nicely.


Finally, a strip of Silver Shimmer Trim and a few rows of the scallopy edge stamp from Choose Happy in Thistle, Crystal Blue, and Pacifica, and it was finished!  :)

Remember, the Stamp of the Month I used here is only around for ONE month to order, so don't wait for the snow to disappear, lol!  :)

Get the March Stamp of the Month for just $5!



2 comments:

  1. Amie, I absolutely adore this card, and not only because Sticky Boy has a staring role! The colours are gorgeous and the shaker part is super! I have GOT to try this technique!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Janet! I was so thrilled with how it turned out! :)

      Delete

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!