Monday, September 8, 2014

Chalk It Up for Freshly Made Sketches

There is something about suddenly going from being a work-from-home-mom to a work-out-of-the-home mom that wreaks havoc on your schedule.  Haven't put my finger on it yet, but when the weekend hits, I am learning to get in some crafty time! 

Today I got to play with Freshly Made Sketches #152.  When I saw the sketch for the first time, I knew EXACTLY what to use for the shape!  Any other CTMH enthusiasts want to take a guess what I was thinking before you scroll any further?


It is one of the Picture My Life pocket cards from the Chalk It Up Kit


 This is one of the few times I have actually used the same shape as in the sketch...


Oh my gosh, this card literally came together all by itself.  I was going to add the Chalk It Up Assortment puffy sticker with glasses, but remembered there was a STAMP with glasses on the School Years My Acrylix that would fit the cookie PERFECTLY!

I had a little fun with the horizontal portion of the sketch to make up for my stuffiness, lol.  The Triangle Border Punch made the perfect little windows to show a bit of sparkle through the chalkboard B&T paper from the Chalk It Up Paper PacketBlack Shimmer Trim is just too fun NOT to add!  :)


Now, I used the same little trick on this card that I did on my Halloween Shadow Box to place the white and black enamel stars.  Just cut the transparency they are on so you can place them on your project BEFORE you attach them.  Can all the perfectionists in the house say "I" with me?  ;)


My daughter will LOVE this card as a surprise in her lunch this week!  :)

Get it HERE!

Get your FREE #30yearsofhappy stamps HERE!!!





6 comments:

  1. So cute! Love the glasses and the black bi of sparkle! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought those glasses were part of the PML card! This is darling, Amie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet card! I love that pocket card! Those stars are the perfect accent! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!