Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Spreading Some Sparkle One Card at a Time

Alright, you guys, I have a mission for you!  I stumbled upon this little boy with inoperable cancer on my Facebook feed yesterday.  He is turning 6 on July 25th but all he asked for this year is a BOX full of birthday cards!  It wasn't too long before I realized I had a way to help!  I MAKE cards.  Of course I can send him one!

Danny Nickerson age 5


Then it hit me again...I have a CARDMAKING BLOG!!!  I can write a post to get more cardmakers to send him a card!  So here I am sending my fellow crafty peeps out into the world to spread some sparkle by sending Danny a birthday card for his birthday on July 25th.  Remember, when you spread sparkle, you are bound to get a bit on yourself, and let me tell you it is definitely the truth! 

Here is the address to send the cards:

Danny Nickerson
P.O. Box 212
Foxboro, MA 02035

If you want to read about Danny's story, follow this link:   http://abc7chicago.com/society/5-year-old-boy-with-cancer-hopes-for-birthday-cards/201492/

Whatever you do, PLEASE just take a moment to find a bright, happy, cheery, birthday card to make this little fellow's wish come true!  It sure would do his momma's heart some good to be able to see his smiling face as he opens each one, don't you think? 

Here is the card I sent...


I admit that I already had this card made and in my stash--but I JUST made it this past week and had a ton of fun coloring it in with the new ShinHan Touch Twin Alcohol Markers that Close to My Heart will be featuring in the new Annual Inspirations Idea Book.  

The stamp set is a special My Acrylix from Close to My Heart called Hoppy Birthday was made especially for our Australian Consultants and friends down under!  It doesn't show up normally on my website, but YOU can get it by following the link above.  :)

I used the Skylark Paper Packet, Aqua Dots, Lagoon Ink, and a great little SPARKLE shape from the Cricut Art Philosophy Collection.



Happy Birthday, Danny!!!!  May your wonderful wish come true!!! 


2 comments:

  1. I made one! It will go out tomorrow. Picture on my blog at : http://becca-expressions.blogspot.com/2014/07/quick-post-tonight.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!