Friday, August 30, 2013

Color Dare Time Again!

Welcome back for another Color Dare over at Color My Heart!  Let's just get down to the nitty gritty today with our colors for the week!


We have a splendidly similar line-up as two weeks ago for those of you who prefer the lighter side of things.  ;)  Our Close to My Heart colors are Sky, Sweet Leaf, and Buttercup.  Use these three colors (or similar if you don't have the exact Close to My Heart Colors) along with any neutrals of your choice!  I chose White Daisy and Black.



First I cut my White Daisy CS to size.  Then I gently rubbed the area I would be stamping on with my powder pouch.  This really works well to keep your embossing powder from sticking to the other parts of your card front.  I used my Versamark Ink Pad to stamp this little bunch of flowers on the CS where I had rubbed.  Then I dusted it with Clear Detail Embossing Powder and hit it with my craft heater.  This process forms a shiny, slightly raised image that will resist any ink that you sponge over it now.  You can see it in the picture below.  The whole technique is called Emboss Resist.



The next part is easy even though it looks tricky.  I started with the lightest color, Buttercup, and used my Sponge Dauber to apply the ink in a circular motion while the paper was lying flat on my Kraft sheet.  Then I did the same with the other colors and touched up where I needed to add more ink.

I let it dry REALLY well before I stamped the sentiment from Prefect Fit Thanksgiving so that it would not bleed.  I LOVE the contrast!


Well, I hope you guys enjoyed the little emboss resist lesson today, and I cannot wait to see what you make for the Color Dare this week!  Come and link up with us HERE!  :)

2 comments:

  1. This technique is beautiful!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, soft card and great tutorial. This would look lovely matted with any of the challenge colours.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!