Monday, July 1, 2013

This One Time, At Card Camp...

Hi everyone!  How many of you have been to a card workshop?  :)  Believe it or not, until recently, I had taught workshops, but never attended one!  My friend and I went to an all-occasions card workshop at Archivers where we got to use all sorts of cool tools and stamps.  I enjoyed one of the cards so much, that I made my own version using my Close to My Heart supplies!

Here is the Archivers version...


 ...and here is mine!


This card features the Bubbles embossing folder from Lifestyle Crafts.  I used my honeycomb pattern from the soon to be retired Buzz and Bumble WOTG from CTMH for the background.  After running it through my Big Shot, I sanded down the edges and across the page to outline the word bubble with my sanding kit .  Then, I rounded up all the little "thank you" sentiments I could find from the For Every Occasion and Thank You My Acrylix and went to work laying them out on the actual embossing folder to fit them in the word bubble.  Once I had them arranged, I pressed my 4 x 5 acrylic block on top to pick them all up at once just like this...



Such a cool trick that I learned from Jennifer McGuire's blog.

I wanted to add some color too, so I stamped a little star in Lagoon Ink and used this random roll of washi that I had lying around.  No idea what or where, so can't provide the deets, sorry!


Super easy, and really trendy right now too!  :)  Thanks for popping in! 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing that tip about picking up the word stamps to fit in the bubble on the embossing folder! Fun card!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, Marie! Glad you came over to see...this one was really fun to make my own. :)

      Delete

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!