Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Boy Friendly Gift Card Holder with a Hint of Ombre?

I love making frilly, sparkly, girlie paper projects!  Making one that is fit for a king is another story.  For my workshop I wrapped up on Friday, I made a great any-gender gift card holder using the new Artbooking Collection from Close to My Heart.  Go HERE to learn more about this fantastic new Cricut Collection and see all the amazing cuts it has, or keep reading to see the gift card holder!  ;)


This adorable torn sheet of notebook paper is a cut from the brand new Artbooking Cartridge!  Isn't it just darling?  I have been wanting a cut like this!   It even comes with the paper lines to stamp on yourself!  The sentiment, "FOR YOU," is from the My Acrylix stamp set For Every Occasion.  This versatile set is disappearing after July, so get it now if you want it!  It has sentiments for all occasions!

I used several hues of blue for this project in an attempt at an ombre technique so that I could link up with Heart 2 Heart Challenges for their July Ombre challenge.  I used the graduating shades of blue from Close to My Heart:  Sky, Crystal Blue, Indian Corn, Pacifica, and Outdoor Denim.  I have my eyes on another technique to try this out as well, so we will see how it goes. Not sure if this one qualifies or if the shades need to be all lined up...hmmmmm, ombre is so mysterious!  ;)


Two of the arrow stamps I used are from the Cricut Artbooking Collection My Acrylix sets, My Life and Take Note that are available to the public on August 1st on my website.  Take a sneak peek!




The third one, with the polka dots, is from the Close to My Heart Wheel of Life My Acrylix.



Here is a look at the inside of the gift card holder....it is cut from the Cricut Artiste Cartridge on Kraft paper.  I DID alter it a bit though...it usually looks like this...


I just chopped off all the sides to square it off!  ;)  Looks a bit more manly that way....



This great little pocket for your gift card is all cut out for you to easily assemble.


Super-cute, right?  I left it all plain inside because we all know the guy you give it to won't even pay attention to who it is from when he sees the gift card, right?  ;)

Want to get your hands on that Close to My Heart Artbooking Collection as soon as possible?  How would you like free shipping as well?  You can do BOTH, plus get the August Stamp of the Month absolutely free by pre-ordering RIGHT HERE!  I will put all the orders in right away on August 1st AND your name will be entered into a drawing for $25 worth of CTMH papers, inks, blocks, and more--just from ME! 

2 comments:

  1. Very cute! I will have to try this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So versatile! Love these gift card holders. Thanks, Michelle! :)

      Delete

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!