Saturday, April 27, 2013

Five Fave Close to My Heart Tools #4

Alright, let me start by saying, I'm not 100% sure that this qualifies as a tool, but as far as I am concerned, it is now!  Picture this:

My hubs and kiddos are playing a real-life version of Slender Man.  Not sure if you have heard of this or not, but in short it is some crazy online game where this guy leaves notes for you to find and then scares the living daylights out of you while you search for them.  NOT my kind of entertainment, but since I would not let the kids play it, they made up their own version.  So, long story short(er), the hubs got a bit overzealous while hurling a stuffed penguin across the room to scare the kids and the poor penguin lost an eye!  Ooops.  I took one look and sent him straight to the infirmary...otherwise known as my craft room.  ;)

I pulled out my Five Fave CTMH Tools #4: my bottle of Liquid Glass and took him straight into surgery...


I puddled up the liquid glass in the eye socket...


Then I held the eye in place for about 30 seconds to a minute...


There he is, good as new!  Whew!  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!  ;)


This stuff is great for sooooooo many crafty AND non-crafty uses!  I use this adhesive for holding my rolled flowers, adhering heavier or awkward embellishments to cards and scrapbook pages, and to secure items that I use in creating shadow boxes.  You can even use it to put a shiny finish on elements of your pages!  I am sure I will find and share many more ways to use it, too!  :)  It is available in my online store for only $6.95.  Pick up a bottle today!  :)

7 comments:

  1. Oooh, the thin man gives me the creeps--my boys have showed me various pics of him on the Interwebz...
    But the real reason for my comment is to congratulate you on your ER fix of the penguin and to share my tip for Liquid Glass, which is to stick use that annoying plastic tag which holds the price-tag onto clothing to prevent clogs in the nozzle of your glue. Stick the thin end in, and replace the screw-top. No more glue blockages, broken pins or frustration. Voila!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, my goodness, I don't even want to see him! When the girls asked about it and told me what it was about, I was just not even going there. I am not a fan of scariness...just glitter! ;) Awesome tip, Caroline! I have been "burping" my new bottle and it works pretty well most of the time. After the glue settles just a bit, you squeeze the little bubble left out the top, and no clog! My fellow consultant and friend, Dana Taft shared that tip with me at the St. Louis Regional, and it really works!

      Delete
  2. WOW ... I love Liquid Glass ... I have two bottles. One with the original tiny hole and one that I cut the tip of so I can make big blobs like this post. Is that being too impatient?? I love learning tips in the comment section. ALWAYS read the whole blog post AND the comments ... even when tempted to just look at the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I would have never thought to have two bottles like that...I may have to consider that too. Absolutely true about reading the post and comments! I tried a recipe on Pinterest once and should have read the comments to avoid a re-do! ;)

      Delete
  3. I love Liquid glass too, I always have 2 bottles on hand, do NOT want to be caught without it.lol
    cathyplus5

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!