Thursday, June 21, 2012

Everlasting Rose Brooch

You may have seen this post of mine in the Damask Divas Blog, but you might not have!  So for those who haven't, be sure to go check out our team blog that my Senior Director, Mandy Leahy put together. I have a whole back-log of posts from when I was knee-deep in getting my CTMH business up and running and this is one of them.



I wanted to share this realistic looking rose brooch that I whipped up to decorate my CTMH apron.  I needed a bit of bling to dress it up, so decided to make one just the night before my first Gathering, lol!  The base is actually the circle of chipboard that I punched out of the center of one of the decorations in the My Originals Sweet Surprises Card Kit.   Yep–it really is!  I try to find a use for everything.  Then I used liquid glass to attach it to one of my girls’ old, plastic alligator hair clips.  With the base finished, I cut out a rose at 5″ from the Art Philosophy cartridge in Tulip and then inked the edges with black.  After rolling it up and adhering it with liquid glass, I added a large black Opaque in the center.  I layered it onto a large Just Blooms Paper Shape to make it pop a bit from the black apron.  The leaves are cut out of New England Ivy cardstock by hand.  Then I used my embossing tool to make a center vein on the leaves and inked the edges with New England Ivy Ink.  Everything was added to the chipboard base with liquid glass, so I don’t have to worry about it going anywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!