Monday, June 4, 2012

Color Dare Challenge

Happy Monday!  I wanted to share this little blog I was directed to because I decided to give their challenge a try.  It is called Color My Heart Color Dare, and they just started up at the end of May.  Each week they will pose a challenge to use certain colors in the CTMH pallet in a paper project of your choosing.  This week's dare was to use the colors Moonstruck, Lagoon, Topiary, and Pear. 

 I do not have anything in Moonstruck, so chose to go with the combo of the final three colors (there is an option to do this in the challenge instructions since many people would not necessarily have all the colors.)  I added the neutral colors Colonial White, Desert Sand, and Bamboo.  I used the awesome Originals Card Confidence Program to create the Background Bar 6 x 6 card layout.  Here it is:
 I used my edge distress-er on the Colonial White.  LOVE the effect!
 This is the My Acrylix A Tree size A stamp set.  You can see in the pic below that I stamped the tree leaves in Topiary on another sheet, cut it out, and used glue dots to add a bit of dimension.  I think the lagoon sparkle adds just the right touch to the butterfly. 
 I hope to be able to do many more of these Color Dares over the summer!  It is a good way to branch out and experiment with some colors that I might not combine otherwise.  I really enjoy the creative challenge.  Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Thanks so much for participating in the color challenge! The colors on your card are very springy without the Moonstruck. I love the way it turned out! You did a very good job with the little details: the cutting out of the tree, the edge distressing, the little sparkle... great work.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the color dare challenge! Thanks so much for the creative inspiration and for the kind words about my card, Sarah. :)

      Delete

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!