Sunday, April 22, 2012

First Commisioned Card! Woot!

Another short, but productive weekend is coming to an end.  It was my niece's birthday today and my parents came over for a nice visit.  I also had my first-ever team meeting with the Damask Divas online!  Learned a bunch about my CTMH business and cannot wait to get things up and running with my first gathering next month.  In the meantime, one of my BFF's became my first paying client yesterday!  Here is the darling little card I made for her:
 I tried adding a watermark in paint today, but not so sure if I like it.  I can't figure out how to make it see-through.  Ugh.


Here are my supplies that are all from CTMH:
Cricut E2
Art Philosophy Cartridge cuts:  <star 1> layer shift @ 1.25 and 1.5
                                                   <square 1> @ 4
                                                  <cupcake> @ 2.5
                                                  <circle 1> @ 1.25 (2 of these)
                                                  p. 29 envelope @ 5
                                                  p. 33 card @ 4.5
CTMH My Acrylix sets:  Tag the Occasion
                                          Art Philosophy Collection (cupcake)
                                          Cupcake Sprinkles
Paper/Cardstock:  Lagoon Dotty for You, Butterfly Dotty for You, Smoothie, Buttercup, Colonial White
Inks:  Lagoon, Sweet Leaf, Creme Brulee 
Embellies:  Smoothie Baker's Twine, Sparkles, and Bitty Sparkles

Speaking of the baker's twine, I made another card this week with the Lagoon twine as well.


This one is made with all papers from the new Dotty for You Limited Edition pack available now through the end of May to celebrate National Scrapbooking Month.  You can get yours for only $5 by placing a $35 order on my website from the Spring/Summer Idea Book!  Truly a steal for 24 double-sided sheets of cardstock wight paper! 

I simply cut a 4 x 12 inch length to fold in half for the card base.  I cut the same width of the grey dotted pattern and slowly tore it across about 4.25 inches down from the top.  The cloud is carefully cut from one of the patterns and I cut the sun out as a 1.25 inch circle.  The sun's rays were drawn free-hand after placing the cloud and sun on top of the orange dotty pattern so I could better determine where it should end.
  

I also used two of the 1-inch Dimensional Elements Heart shapes, sentiment from the My Acrylix Stamp set A Blossom, Grey Wool Ink for the sentiment and to define the edges of the sun and rays, and the Lagoon Baker's Twine from the new Paradise Assortment.  Here is a tip for keeping twine in place that I learned somewhere in my days of paper crafting.  Use a small hole-punch to notch the paper that your twine wraps around.  Notice the edge of my card where the twine rests in a small, barely noticeable half circle?  This will keep your twine from slipping down the card!  :)

Have a great week everyone!
                                                

2 comments:

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!