Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Getting Ahead of Myself (and I) *wink*

Hello!  Why an I ahead, you ask?  I have already made my mom her Mother's Day card!  I was so excited to use Dotty again, so went ahead and made one.
 I started off with the Colonial White Die Cut Card from CTMH.  Then I saw the scrap of floral paper from the Dotty pack that was left over from the Easter basket I made and realized it was PERFECT to be the background of the card front.  I inked the edges in Cocoa since I knew I would be using the wide Cocoa Ribbon from the Ribbon Rounds Collection.  Here is a little tip for you when you are using ribbon on a project.  After you cut the ends, use a thin line of Liquid Glass right on the cut.  This way, you prevent your ribbon from unraveling!  :)
 I used a 2 inch tag from the Dimensional Elements Tags, trimmed the grey dotty print to fit, and adhered it with a thin layer of liquid glass.  I used the Lots of Dots Irresistible letters again sponging them with the Cocoa Ink.  While I had the Cocoa ink out, I also stamped my sentiment from the Card  Word Puzzle Acrylix stamp set.  A 1" Dimensional heart inked with Smoothie and adhered with a glue dot completed the tag.  I punched two little holes through the card and tied it up with a length of Smoothie Baker's Twine.
I have simply fallen in love with this flower from Card Word Puzzle, and since it was already a part of the background, I used it to tie the grey paper in over here as well.  I used the Smoothie Ink and Sweet Leaf for the leaves, inking the edges again with Cocoa.  I love how the subtle colors in the Dotty paper come through in this project.  Hope you do too!

Remember, you can order your Dotty paper with a $35 purchase on my website now through May 31st only!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!