Friday, August 25, 2017

End of Summer Blog Hop

Wait, WHAT!?!?!  Didn't summer just start about a week ago?

I promise I won't start whining (even though I WANT to) because you probably came over from Stephanie's Blog looking for something crafty, lol, NOT to join in on a pity party.  Soooo, before my tantrum starts, here you go!

Last week was the start of another school year for me (so long, summer, sniff), and I saw a FANTASTIC piece of art shared on a friend's Facebook wall that featured a teacher's prayer that I had never heard.  By the end of the looooong first week, I NEEDED to create it for daily inspiration.  Here's my take on it and the link to the original piece of art.


original artwork doodle by Stephanie Ackerman
You might recognize the retired Close to My Heart Chalk It Up paper I used in this artwork...it's really perfect for "teacher stuff."  I used the Marker Alphabet set to stamp the title in Ruby, Tangerine, Lemon, Willow, Lagoon, Pacifica, Pansy, and Blossom.  I also used Jennifer's Hand for the word "prayer" and the Handwritten Print Alpha for the "a."

Now, my original vision of this project involved me stamping most of the prayer, but I quickly came to my senses and designed the rest of the prayer on Design Space for the Cricut Explore.  I used a few different cartridge fonts including Artistry, A Child's Year, and two Creative Memories fonts. 


I changed all of the fonts to "write" and duplicated the words I wanted to cut so I could also cut them by setting them to cut lines again.  I was quite ecstatic to find that the cricut pen was alright with me using my ShinHan markers to fill in some of the words--it didn't bleed at all.

The images and dies from the School Kids set were PERFECT for this project!

Well, of COURSE I used some red glitter paper!  ;)
I added a few other tidbits from various Fundamentals line products like the Adventure Ribbons  and two retired complements packs.


I hope you found some inspiration here, but for now you are off to Kelly's Blog to see what she's been up to this summer!



Here's the entire lineup for our little blog hop in case you get lost as you drown in your summer's end tears...







7 comments:

  1. Fabulous! I love the poem, lol, and even though I joke that I'm dying for September to get here, I will miss the kiddos in a week. Maybe I can be a hypocrite and join your tantrum while also cheering for the bus driver on the first day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMIE!!! Oh my word, this is absolutely magnificent! I can see why you were so excited as it was coming together. It is perfection. Now I want to create one for my kids' teachers' classrooms!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Amie~Just amazing, as always!!! I love the red glitter paper, and all the fonts and coloring you added! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the fonts and bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, LOVE this. Almost makes me want to go back to teaching. Almost... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your Teacher's Prayer and great use of the Explore and different fonts!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't even know where to begin, Amie...this is AMAZING! I love the combo of fonts, stamps, coloring, glitter paper & the layering! Seriously, Amie, this is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!