Thursday, March 24, 2016

Mixed Media Madness Blog Hop!


Welcome to the Blog Hops with Heart Mixed Media Madness Blog Hop!  If you need an alternative activity to the bouncing orange ball, WE have just the right kind of madness for you!  Our hop runs in a circle, so just click on the next participant's name at the bottom of each post to take you to the next inspiring creation!  I will post a list of all the talented bloggers at the end.

I have been keeping a bible journal lately, so I want to show you EXACTLY what that involves...

1.  I painted a very thin layer of clear gesso onto my page to prep it.  I don't do this for every page--just the ones I intend to get a little WET...I used a couple of sheets of vellum to protect the pages I am NOT working on today...


Yep, it curls...a bit.
2. Use a bit of washi to keep your page still...



I used a few circle cuts to mask off the bottom of my page.  Then I sponged Crystal Blue Exclusive Ink onto my skyline and up...


3. The verse I am working with is Isaiah 1:18  

"Come now, let us reason[a] together, says the Lord:
though your sins are like scarlet,
    they shall be as white as snow;
though they are red like crimson,
    they shall become like wool."

I used my watercolors to add some red coming down from the top...then I stepped away to let it all dry...


4. I came back to a nice wrinkly red, white, and blue page.  Hmmmm, that was interesting to me. I stamped the word RED in Ruby Ink, and thought this Ruby Chevron washi worked nicely...and some cloudy washi...and some snowflake Cricut Artistry cuts...and clouds OF COURSE...and white snowy shimmer trim!


5. This last addition was completely spur of the moment...wool.  I stamped the Lamb from the Reason for the Season My Acrylix in White Daisy Pigment Ink and embossed with White Embossing Powder.

See the Wink of Stella Gitter on the snowflakes?  :)
I love the process of hearing God's Word through my art!  Now I can't wait to see the rest of the art on our hop!

Check out the fabulous madness over on Kelly's Blog next!

Here's the lineup for our hop this month:

Amie (that's ME!)






3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing how you use CTMH in Bible Journaling. This whole concept is just too wonderful; can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter is just beginning to do the Bible journaling. I remember the first time I wrote notes in the margins of my Bible. It felt so sacrilegious. LOL! After seeing what my daughter has done and now this step-by-step, I'm almost ready to overcome my "Oh, no!" instinct and dive in. I love how you've brought that particular verse to life with your illustration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry I'm just now commenting on your post (I was having trouble with my Google account & wasn't able to post comments to any blogs, but anywho...) LOVE your Bible journaling! It is something that I enjoy so much too but I haven't created an entry in some time! Thanks for inspiring me to get back into the Word creatively! xoxo!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!