Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Mojo Monday 257

Hi everyone!  Hope you had a most excellent day of rest yesterday.  Me, not so much, but that happens when you have kids, lol.  Especially when you have kids that want to go to the mall.  To hunt for a homecoming dress.  And you try on hundreds and still come home empty handed.  After three hours of torture.  Are you feeling me yet???  On a high note, I did figure out how to use my smart phone to pull up store coupons during all my waiting time, lol!  Yay, me!  ;)

 AND now back to my Mojo. Mojo 257 to be exact.


Well, I was not quite sure where to go with this gorgeous sketch from Mojo Monday, so I decided on a theme first.  Halloween.  Yep--my most feared and dreaded "holiday" of the year.  I am a cutsie decor kind of gal, and being frightened is not something I torture myself with intentionally (unlike dress shopping, HA!)  SO Halloween is kind of hard for me to wrap my creative juices around.  I did manage to snag one cute set of our Close to My Heart Stamps for Halloween because I wanted to TRY to make something for the occasion.  This My Acrylix set from the Spellbound Cricut Workshop on the Go.  Since this is a Mojo entry, I also allowed myself to use my retired Hooligans papers and went to work.  I really did surprise myself with this mix of this year's and last year's Halloween products...and made a fantastic card for my nieces.


Oh yes, would you believe I even used spiders?!  I can handle them a lot better than monsters any day.  These are even kind of cute.  I stamped them and cut them out with my handy dandy, precision point scissors.  (Okay, so who thought I was going to say, "notebook?"  Blues Clues really was a classic!)  


This spider web is stamped in White Daisy on Black Cardstock and then heat embossed with the clear embossing powder.  Do you see the Glitter Glitz dew drops on the green web?   How adorable is the notebook paper cut from the Artiste Cartridge???  Oh, yes, it is on there along with both of the web shapes!  You honestly cannot believe all the cuts you have at your fingertips on it!


Some of you might need to sit down for this next little reveal.  The sentiment, "Happy Halloween," and the web that I stamped on the white strip were both from the same acrylic stamp--I cut it apart to use them separately!  Are you cringing?  Sorry, I knew that this is how I wanted to keep them though, and a really didn't want to mask it all off, so I went ahead and clipped!  ;)  Here is a link to the set on my website:  Spellbound

Current CTMH products that I used:

Spellbound Workshop on the Go My Acrylix
Glitter Glitz
Black Ink Pad
White Daisy and Black Cardstock
Artiste Cartridge

NOW, you might want to jump up and down to cheer for this announcement.  I am ONE FOLLOWER away from my 100th follower here on my blog!!!  I am already over 100 on my FB page, so when this one hits the big one, oh, oh, get ready for a giveaway!!!!  So exciting!!!!  Send your crafty friends on over to play!  :)

19 comments:

  1. Super cute! I love all the detail shots you took of your card. Hope you win this week's Mojo contest. Your card seriously rocks!

    I'm a follower too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are number 100!!! You rock! I will have to work on my giveaway post tomorrow (so be alert!) Thank you so much for the compliments--sometimes I wonder if I went overboard on all the close-ups, but I love details! :)

      Delete
  2. Great halloween card! Love all the spider webs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute, love the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! So glad you are enjoying the stamp set! (And I love all the detail shots too, so please make sure you keep posting them!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice Halloween card! I don't do a lot of Halloween things, my children are all grown, but I like to visit everyone's creations.

    www.sheryldriver.blogspot.com

    https://www.facebook.com/index.php?lh=607c52dd5cc70b90220730426daa762f&eu=MbU16pc0ClYqkQE2VdPxlg#!/CTMHSherylsCloseToMyHeartStore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never even done one before, Sheryl, lol! I am not too fond of Halloween over all--want to trade for a while? ;) Thanks for coming by!

      Delete
  6. Fantastic card! Well put together. Love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it when I see a Close To My Heart winner in a contest. Congrats! Cute card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you, Casandra! I feel the same when I see that--I am so surprised it is me this time!

      Delete
  8. Hi There! Just wanted to pop over and say hello! What a great card! You did a FANTASTIC job with the sketch!
    I'm a new follower!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome to my blog, Shelly! Thanks for coming by and for the awesome compliment! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!