Thursday, November 19, 2015

Close to My Heart Hexagonal Patterns Christmas Card

I have said it before, and I'll say it again...I LOVE it when a plan comes together!!!

I wanted to use the Hexagonal Patterns My Acrylix stamp set from Close to My Heart to create a whimsical Christmas Card.  The images are compatible with the Cricut Artistry Collection available both with a cartridge to use in your older Cricut machines AND in digital form without a cartridge for use online in Cricut Craft Room or Cricut Design Space.



I also wanted to use an UNtraditional color scheme, so I added some pretty blue-green hues (Lagoon, Glacier, Juniper) to the traditional reds (Poppy, Cranberry) and greens (New England Ivy, Pear, Topiary, Sweet Leaf)...


The sentiment on the front is from the adorable Reindeer Bells My Acrylix...



These trees are cut on my Explore using an image from the Cricut Art Philosophy colletion.


The inside hexagonal sentiment carries my theme over to the inside nicely...and is found on the Holly Jolly Christmas My Acrylix. 



That Green Shimmer Trim catches so many sparkly colors when it shines!  :)


Now, I'm not leaving today without a tip for you!  See those little square foams that come with each Close to My Heart My Acrylix stamp set?  They are included in the packaging for a reason...to stamp clearer images!  Place it beneath your paper, and you will see the difference in your stamping of the more solid images...


I saved this particular card for today, because it is a total throwback to THIS hexagon-themed Christmas Card I made a while back!  Do you remember?  :)




You can only get the CHEERS, 2016! My Acrylix in November!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!