Friday, January 4, 2013

Super-Exciting News!

I have been about ready to burst with excitement since I got the news, and I finally get to share it with you today!  I have been chosen to be on the Color My Heart Design Team for 2013!!!  The Color Dare is an up and coming challenge blog that teaches you a little bit about color theory while pushing you to experiment with color.  Don't worry, there are no tests!  ;)  You DO, however get to link up your creations each week you complete the challenge.

This will be my first time on a Design Team, so I am ready to jump in!

I invite you all to check it out and play along!  Color My Heart -- Color Dare Challenge Blog


Now, I want to welcome any newcomers to my blog today with my motto for 2013:  NEVER let anyone dull your sparkle!  This is my theme song for the year, and I hope you take some time to think about it and what it means.  :)

Well, ever since I decided to put my motto into motion, the strangest things keep happening to fit with my sparkly theme.  Here is an example.  I received this card in the mail from my friend on January 1st, the day I posted my motto:


She had NO CLUE about my new year's motto when she sent it.  None, nada, zip.  It has just been one of the many ways the Man upstairs has given me an elbow to help me along my path to truly sparkle.  I wish you could have seen my reaction when I opened the card!

Well, I hope to see you all again really soon, but until then, go get your sparkle on!  :)

6 comments:

  1. Isn't it cool when you set a goal for yourself and your friends join in without realizing it? GREAT work and congrats on getting on the dt! Kathi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathi--it was such a neat surprise--timing is everything! Thanks so much for the congrats! :)

      Delete
  2. Congrats, Amie!!! I've never heard of it {sorry}!...But, I'm not at all surprised they chose you. I'm so excited for you! What a great way to start off the new year! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has only been around since May of 2012. I discovered it after some other consultants shared their entries on one of the FB groups. I am so glad I did! Come and play with us! :)

      Delete
  3. Congrats Amie! I haven't been to their blog but I've seen your work so I know you'll do great. Have fun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dana! Try to find some time to give it a go! It is really fun, and not too much thought since you have a good, narrow starting point. ;)

      Delete

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!