Friday, June 13, 2014

Artbooking Overlays ARE for Cards!

I am soooo glad I got to play more with these overlays from the Close to My Heart Artbooking lately.  I just LOVE wood grain patterns, so THIS one was tops on my list to try.  I paired it up with my Timberline Paper Packet and the super-cute Camper Crazy My Acrylix stamp set and ended up with a fantastically fun card!


Isn't this the cutest sentiment?  I backed it with Kraft CS to keep the palette earthy.  I cut the overlay on Chocolate CS and stamped the sentiment in the matching Chocolate Ink.  I LOVE the fact that Close to My Heart has an entire line of matching CS and inks! 


I created a fun scene on the inside for some added interest.  Check out this adorable set:



I only used two colors of ink, but with first and second degree stamping, was able to achieve the look of four!  :)


Have a wonderful weekend, my peeps!  Anyone going camping?  I'm not, but I WILL be traveling in style in one of these babies out to a family reunion!  :)  See you Monday--a VERY special day!  ;)

BREAKING NEWS!

The retired list has been published over on my Close to My Heart website!  Head on over to see what won't be back in the new Idea Book (soon-to-be-called Annual Inspirations.)    Here's a little preview:  the colors Buttercup, Blush, Sky, Creme Brulee, and Twilight are not coming back!  Go see the whole list on my website HERE!  These items are only available until they sell out, so don't wait!


1 comment:

  1. I don't camp, but I cannot get enough of this Camper Crazy set. Love what you've done with the overlay to make this card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!