Thursday, March 26, 2015

A Doctor Who Birthday Card with the Artfully Sent Collection

My niece celebrated her birthday this week.  She happens to be a HUGE fan of Doctor Who, so when I first laid eyes on the new Artfully Sent Cartridge from Close to My Heart, I was immediately drawn to one of the images...


Now, the original card had a cute little Scottie Dog at the bottom as well as a sentiment cut out in the word bubble.


I easily used the contour feature in Cricut Design Space to hide the cuts so they are not in the final card.  I LOVE how Design Space (for the Explore machine) and Cricut Craft Room (for the other Cricut machines) make my images go so much farther--PLUS the software is FREE to use!

To hide the image, just follow these simple steps:





The word, "telephone" appears at the top of this booth, but I am using it as a police call box for my Dr. Who fan...so I had to add a bit of sparkle!  You can also use the hide contour feature to hide this one--unfortunately, I didn't realize it until I had cut it out already, lol!  ;)


See how the front opens?


I just traced the booth onto White Daisy CS to back it for the card front.


These Stuck on You Puffies provided the perfect addition to my sentiment.  I used my Carmine ShinHan Touch Twin Alcohol Ink Marker to make it truly red instead of the dark pink it was originally.  I am linking up with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge with this little ink tip (even though they are a different brand.)


It turns out that I added that bow tie AFTER making a little mistake with my ink...but always remember, there are no mistakes, just opportunities for embellishment!  ;)
The Artfully Sent Collection comes with ALL these fantastic sentiments for your cards...


Do you see the "Happy Birthday" that I used on mine?

NOW is the perfect time for you to pick up the Close to My Heart Artfully Sent Collection from my website, because you could be chosen to be my March Madness Mystery Hostess!  If you are chosen, you will get to choose at least $25 worth of FREE Close to My Heart papers, inks, stamps, and blocks...really!  You get one chance for every $25 in products you buy, and you have until April 7th to order on my website HERE!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!