Thursday, October 31, 2013

Blue Christmas for Muse Challenge

Happy Halloween!  And now, let's jump to Christmas!  ;)

I am BACK in the challenge saddle!  I had a chance to goof around a bit after doing what I HAD to do today, and it was quite the cram session!  All the cards I made have a similar theme, but they have completely different FEEL.

The first one is for the current Muse Challenge.  The Muse card is by Janet Ribet...

Muse Card by Janet Ribet
I just love the cool winter color scheme she went with for her card.  Also, I happen to HAVE that embossing folder!  A plan began to evolve in my head, so I tried to get it onto paper just as fast!


You might recognize this design from an earlier Christmas card I made with these same Close to My Heart stamps, Tree Delights and Framework Alphabet.  I stamped them here in Crystal Blue ink before using my embossing folder over the image.

At the bottom of the card, I tore pieces of White Daisy CS and layered them into a snowy landscape.  I actually had a wonderful spool of trim to use along the bottom as in the Muse card as well. 


This star is from the Sparkle Holiday Shapes, a NEW item in our Holidays from the Heart Gift Guide!  I adore these sparkly outlines!  I noticed that the Muse card also uses some iridescent glitter, so I added some Stardust Glitz Glitter Gel to the stars on the tree.  A few Sparkles, and the tree was done!


I can't wait to show you my other two cards like this...the same, but different!  ;)

5 comments:

  1. I love it! That trim it perfect and (of course) it sparkles! You are making me want to try a white on white card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hansi! Ooooo, I want to see when you make it! I am sure it will be stunning! :)

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous shimmer with the gems and sparkly trim. Thanks for playing in the Muse Card Club challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a cool and sparkly take on Janet's Muse - thanks so much for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!