Friday, October 25, 2013

Thanks A Bunch Color My Heart!

Hi everyone!  Thanks a bunch for stopping in today to see the next challenge from the Color My Heart Color Dare.

This week, we are using Gypsy and Buttercup along with any neutrals of your choice.  I used White Daisy and Slate for the neutrals on my card, and tried a little technique with my white gel pen that I have seen around quite a bit.


There are a few things that I just LOVE about this card...first being the awesome background stamp I used from the Close to My Heart Geometric Backgrounds My Acrylix.  I stamped it in Buttercup all down the front of my White Daisy card base.  I wanted a nice "picnicky" feel from it to go along with the grapes.  The Gypsy CS grapes were easy to cut out with a small 5/8" size circle punch.  I inked the edges with Gypsy Exclusive Ink and highlighted a little semi-colon on each of the top grapes with my white gel pen--SO fun!


The edges of this White Daisy panel are distressed to add some texture, and I even popped it up with foam squares.  Some of the grapes are popped up as well--I am kind of a dimension girl, lol.


Now for my absolute FAVORITE part of the card--the Slate Striped Twist-Ties!  I simply cannot thank whoever came up with these enough!!!  They are perfect for grape vines, don't you think?  I find that glue dot minis are perfect for adhering these to my projects.

I try not to use too many retired products in my DT designs, but this was exactly the right sentiment for my grape bunch!  It is from the June 2013 Stamp of the Month, A Flowering Bunch.  I stamped it and the leaf from the same set in Slate Exclusive Ink and added a little Slate CS stem.



Ready to get busy creating yet?  I hope you have time to join us this week over at Color My Heart, and cannot wait to see what you make with your Close to My Heart colors Gypsy and Buttercup!

I still have a few more spots left open in my NEW Close to My Heart Reward Clubs, so please check them out HERE!  You could win your choice of Cricut Collection!  :)


1 comment:

  1. Those grapes look good enough to eat (so juicy!) and you know I am in awe of those twist-tie-vines... Great job with this challenging colour combo.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!