Friday, December 6, 2013

12 Days of Christmas Sale Meets the Color Dare!

TGIF!!!  Or maybe I should say, TGICDD?  Because it IS Color Dare Day!  ;)

It is also the 6th day of my 12 Days of Christmas Sale, so let's get on with our latest challenge so you can see today's deal!



Oh, man, was a biiiiiiit nervous when I sat down to think this one out since I had been out of the craft room for so long.  I was coming off a loooong week of taking care of my hubs and his brand new cyborg hip, and I had almost no motivation to craft at the moment, let alone make something with Barn Red.  I decided to use the houndstooth pattern from the retired Dakota Paper Packet.  All of a sudden, while I pieced together Kraft CS and some embellies, I noticed the zip strip from the paper edge...and the rest is history!



I have no idea why it is so hard to edit Kraft CS...so bear with me.  Not only was I back in the crafting saddle again, but Santa was back in HIS too!  I LOVE THIS!!!!  The tag shape itself is found on the Cricut Artiste Collection.  I used several different Close to My Heart products to pull this tag together with a western theme.  Some are retired, unfortunately, but others soon will be too!  This white hemp I tied at the top around a mini clothes pin will be going soon.  I added just a bit of the silver washi on the clip that I had colored with the silver marker.


I used my favorite stamp from the Santa Clause My Acrylix to make the sleigh and reindeer in Barn Red.   I layered the zip strip, silver washi tape, Licorice Opaques, and retired Milepost Shapes Star underneath the image.


I love the distressed look of using our silver marker on the star!  :)  How about you?

Are you ready to get back in the creative saddle again?  Just whip up a creation using barn red or a similar red with all neutrals, and link up with us over at the Color My Heart Color Dare!

NOW, are you ready for today's SALE???  :)  Here you go!


That is right!  ANY order from my website today earns my customers a free monogram stamp!  Just place your order on my website HERE,  and then let me know which letter monogram to send you!  It really is that easy!  :)  Happy Friday to you!

Be sure to check out all the new clearance items over in While Supplies Last before they are gone, too!!!  SOOOO many new things for around $2!  

8 comments:

  1. No reason for any nervousness! This is really fun. I'm inspired to try something like this one for my son's gift since he's my rider over here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is sooooooooooooo stinkin' adorable. Y'all have a real gift for going outside the box. I'm not much of a Santa or a country person BUT I could change my ways just for a cute thing like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your country drawl, Shelly! Thanks so much, you sweet thang! It always amazes me how my style can change with what I am using on a given day. :)

      Delete
  3. I love this tag! I stamped Santa with Chocolate on Kraft and love that look!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!