Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Happy 90th Birthday, Grandma Florida!

I finally finished Grandma's Bookmark Album, and not a minute too soon, lol!  Close to My Heart has retired this little album since they have introduced a new Cricut Artbooking Cartridge that virtually replaces it, so it is no longer available, but I wanted to show it to you anyway!  :)  I used the gorgeous Avonlea Paper Packet which has also been retired and is out of stock--of course!  Next time I won't procrastinate, lol!  ;)

Here it is!




The great-grandkids all got to write a little note to her that I tucked in to little hidden pockets.






I really wanted to make envelope-style pockets for the letters from the kids, but that made the album way too bulky to close.  Instead, I settled on adhering two sides of a decorated piece of CS. 





I cut these tags for my girls to write their messages on and tucked them in with the ribbons sticking out a little file-folder style pocket for easy removal...I added a sticker to the tab after looking at these pics, lol!  ;)  The great thing about do-it-yourself projects is that you can always do-it-yourself some more! 






I could not wait to pretty-up the binding rings with some ribbons and hemp!  :)


I added these velcro dot closures to help it stay closed better with all that is inside...



We are probably partying it up with the birthday girl as you read, so enjoy!  :)  This is the perfect gift for the grandma who has everything and wants nothing...can't wait until she opens it!  :)

6 comments:

  1. So Awesome ... I'd love for you to make a book like that for me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, then I just might have to...if I ever get my Artbooking cartridge!!!! ;)

      Delete
  2. Love this... and as always you do amazing beautiful work ! Tarie (cause I don't have an account and it will say Anonymous ! )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tarie!!!! Have you been stalking and not talking? ;) Thanks, my friend! :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks so very much, Wendy! She was making rounds with it to show everyone her family that could not make it to the reunion. :) *sniff*

      Delete

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!