Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Using Close to My Heart's NEW Artbooking Cartridge in a Stampless Layout

Wow, I guess that was a looooong title for this post!  This simple, yet tasteful layout sure didn't take that long though!  I used this quick layout at my Idea Book Preview Workshop, and everyone loved it!


(Sorry for the glare--I was pressed for time, so just had to take it in the page protector.) 

Anyhow, let me walk you through how I made this one with my CTMH products--it won't take long!  This layout is on page 72 of the Artbooking handbook.  I cut the overlay in Chocolate CS at a RELATIVE dial size of 11 on my E2.  Then I used the leaf cut-outs from that to trace on the back of my glitter paper and hand-cut them to add some popped-up leaves to the page.



I then changed the dial size to 10 to cut the photo mat in Colonial White and the word "grateful" in Outdoor Denim.  You do NOT have to change the dial size at all when cutting the pieces for your layout if you would like to make the page as pictured in the handbook.  My creative nature forces me to not conform, however, lol, so I make things more difficult on myself all the time.  Sheesh!



I found the sweet parenthesis on page 81 and set the REAL dial size to 4 to cut it on New England Ivy CS.  I let the ladies at my workshop use the Keyboard Kraft Alphabet stickers to add their own personal touch.



Some of the ladies found ways to add their own unique style to the page and made it their own!  One of my friends decided to wait to add the leaves because she wanted to put pics of her kids in the negative spaces of the leaves!  How brilliant is that?!  I love when my customers knock it out of the park!  :)

SO, did you notice what is missing from this page?  In a previous post I asked this question and nobody ever answered correctly, lol!  INK!  There is absolutely NO STAMPING on this layout!  You could absolutely add some awesome touches if you want, but it isn't necessary with the Artbooking Cartridge at all!  The cardstock can stand entirely on its own very nicely.  Did I ever mention how much I am loving this new CTMH Cricut cartridge?  I did!  TODAY is your last chance to PRE-order this fantastic new collection and be one of the first to get you hands on it!  Click here to see what you might win if you do!  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!