Friday, April 17, 2015

Paper Addicts UNITE: Time to Clean Out the Scraps!

Are YOU a paper addict?  Don't worry, you can say it--what happens on my blog, stays on my blog, lol.   I just LOVE my friend Becca's layout using her "scraps!"  Brilliant.  Enjoy her post today!


Hello, my name is Becca Whitham and I'm a paper addict.  I save itsy, bitsy, teensy, weensy pieces because I think I'll use them all--someday!  Well, with an "overseas" move looming in my future, it's time to start purging scraps.

For design team duties over at Amie Kiger's blog, I decided to cut hexagons using the Artbooking cartridge until I had used up several scraps.  But then I went and trimmed out even more pieces with scissors using the Cricut cut hexagons as guides.  Here's what I had when I was done:


Then I pieced them together to make this scrapbook page:


Here's the supply list (with links for your shopping convenience):
Don't be intimidated by the number of paper packs used on this example.  One of the great things about CTMH patterned paper is that they are printed on both sides.  You can cut your hexagons, flip some of them over, and you'd achieve the same effect.

You'll notice that I wasn't trying to be fussy about lining up the hexagons symmetrically.  The scraps which were only small bits required me to use a random approach. 

Using multiple colors in little bits like this is great for two types of scrapbook pages: 1) where the photo itself doesn't have many colors (like this one), and 2) when there are lots of different colors in your pictures (like maybe a birthday party where your' guests weren't kind enough to wear color coordinated outfits).

I actually used up six scraps to the point of having to throw out what was left over.  I'm so proud of myself!

Until next time,
Becca --

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!