Saturday, January 17, 2015

Damask Divas Valentine's Day Blog Hop!


 You are correct!  It is NOT Valentine's Day....YET!  So that means you have plenty of time to soak in some inspiration from our Blog Hop, order up some fantastic products, and get your own projects made in time for February 14th!  :)

This hop is brought to you by the Damask Divas Team led by the amazing Mandy Leahy!  It goes in a big circle, so all you have to do is read each Divas' post, find the name of the next crafty blogger and click on the link to take you there!  If you happen to get lost along the way, just head on over to the Damask Divas Blog for the entire line-up.  No easy button required!  Ready or not, here we go!

My project involved finding a way to send my friends a little gifty that I had made for them at Sticky9.  I wanted to hide the photo magnet in a little pocket card...and wow, did it EVER work out!


I used the fabulous NEW Heartstrings Paper Packet from Close to My Heart, along with Red Shimmer Trim, Red Enamel Hearts, Forever in My Heart My Acrylix, Pixie Extra Thick Twine, Whisper and Cranberry Exclusive Inks, Indian Corn Blue CS, 3-D Foam Tape, Base and Bling Free Thinker Charms, Stitch Guide, Piercing and Embossing Tool, and Scallop Border Punch.  (Pause for a breath, lol.)

Here is how the Cardstock pulls out of the pocket with the magnet inside...



I used our Foam Tape to pop the pocket up just the right amount to fit.  This view shows how you can just tape the messy ends of the twine to the back of the CS after using the Stitch Guide and a needle to thread it through.


Here is another way to make one!


I added some rose images from the Heartstrings Workshop on the GO Cardmaking Kit My Acrylix, along with some Base and Bling to match!  The leafy part of the stamped image is also colored over with the Leaf Green ShinHan Touch Twin Alcohol Marker


I just used my piercing tool to poke a hole in the CS.  Then I used my tiny little pliers for opening and closing the jump ring on the rose.  It was super-easy.  :)


Well, I sure hope you enjoyed my project today!  The amazing Jennifer Dykstra is up next on the hop, so click on over to see what she has to share!  :)

Don't forget to pick up these limited time offers this month as well!

Year Noted for National Papercrafting Month

Stamp of the Month


5 comments:

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!