Friday, September 26, 2014

A Cut Above for Halloween!

Are you busy making your Halloween treats?  I am!

This time, Close to My Heart has come out with the PERFECT line of products for the uncrafty crafter!  The best part is that even if you are a SUPER crafty crafter, these Cut Above kits are awesome for you too!

Here's what you get in the NEW Cut Above Halloween Treat Bag Kits...


While the candy is not included (more on this later) you DO get 10 pre-printed Treat Bag forms, 10 Treat Bags, 10 sets of 12 stickers that fit many round candies perfectly, 10 pre-cut circles for tags, and 12 foam squares.  The only tools you need to provide are the stapler and a bit of adhesive.

The stickers are simple for anyone to place on the candies--even little helpers can do this part with ease!


Then you fill the plastic treat bag with the candies and staple it to the paper treat bag form.  Guess what?


Close to My Heart has a tool for that!  YES!  The new Mini-Stapler comes filled with staples, and you can get 2000 more of these crafty-sized staples in a Refill for less than $3!


Your assembled bag could look like this...


I used my Scallop Circle Punch, #30yearsofhappy (FREE NOW!) My Acrylix, and the Sweet Salutations My Acrylix stamps to create this adorable tag.  Yep, you guessed it--I altered my stamps again with my scissors to remove the To: and Fr:!  ;)



The mini pumpkin is found in the Stamp of the Month from August, What a Hoot!.  You just never know when you might need last month's Stamp of the Month!  ;)  I colored him in with the new ShinHan Touch Twin Alcohol markers in Marigold and Golden Yellow.  The Silver Glitter Paper scallop sure adds just the right amount of sparkle!


So, what kinds of candy can you use to fill these?  I have used Kisses, Rolos, and Peanut Butter Cups in mine so far and they work out great!  You can fill 6-8 treat bags depending on how many candies you use. Here is a shot of the whole kit...



Now, I know that there are LOTS of people who can no longer bring candy into school for treat bags anymore, so I have a solution for you TOO!!!  Tune in to Makeover Monday in just three days to see my ideas!

Time is running out on this month's Stamp of the Month!  Get it before September is over for as little as $5!

Family is Forever

#30yearsofhappy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!