Tuesday, November 4, 2014

A Yoda Punch Art Card for the Star Wars Lover in You

I cannot wait to share this latest card creation with you guys!  Are there any Star Wars fans out there? 

I made a couple cards for my friend's boys this weekend.  They were having a Star Wars themed party, so I definitely needed to make some Jedi-worthy cards.  After scrolling around Pinterest for a bit, I decided I was not finding any punch-shape characters, so I made my own!  ;)


Don't you love the dimension created by all the folds?  I popped that word bubble cut from Artiste up with foam tape...


I used my CTMH Olive, Colonial White, Black, and Bamboo CS, opaques, silver glitter paper, and red shimmer trim for this one.  The dimensions of the shapes I used to create Yoda are as follows:

3 -- 3/4 inch circles for the feet and hand
2 -- 1 inch circles for the ears
1 -- 1 1/4 inch circle for the head (in the clearance section on my website now!)
1 -- 2 x 2.25 inch rectangle for the robe
1 -- 1 x 1.75/2 inch rectangle for the under robe
1 -- 3/8 inch strip for the belt

It was really simple to fold them all to put Yoda together.  Then I used the retired Card Word Puzzle My Acrylix stamp to create the "Yoda Speak" sentiments on the front and the inside...


Now before all you die-hard Yoda fans set me straight, I KNOW, I KNOW already!!!!  My daughter took one look at my card and declared how ridiculous it was because everyone KNOWS Yoda has a GREEN light saber!  Grrrrrrrr....thank goodness for green glitter paper!  ;)


Now to figure out how to make Darth Vader so I can use the red!  ;)


1 comment:

  1. Oh my word! You are so clever. I know just the person I need to make this for!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!