Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Color Dare Take Two!

So, my comrades and I on team two over at the Color My Heart Color Dare are using the three colors Buttercup, Sky, and Sweet Leaf this week.

I had a hard time deciding which card to use for the post until I realized I could eventually show you BOTH, lol!  ;)

Here is the second one I made...


I used the same technique, embossed resist, that I did in the first card I made HERE.  The sentiment I used is the Close to My Heart My Acrylix size M stamp, A True Thank You.  Our awesome size M stamps are a huge value at only $2.95 each!  Then, I added a simple step for a whole new look!

I used one of these fantastic spray pens to spritz the finished panel with water.  It dried leaving some wonderful spots all over the inked colors!  I just love the effect!  Be sure to let it completely dry before you adhere this piece to the rest of the card!  ;)


Here are the two card sets I had when I was finished.  You can see the subtle difference the spray pen made in the thank you cards at the bottom.  I love amazingly simple techniques, because quite frankly, I don't have time for any others!  ;)

Notice that I also reversed the order I applied the colors over the embossed image...otherwise the "thank you" sentiment didn't stand out enough.  Trial and error, my friends is the best way to figure it out!  ;)



You still have time to link up with us over at the Color My Heart Color Dare this week!  The deadline is tomorrow, Thursday the 5th at noon CST.  Come and give it a try!

2 comments:

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!