Wednesday, September 25, 2013

A Huntington Mojo With Meaning

Hello, my crafty friends. 

What is your least favorite card to make?  I am torn when it comes to answering this question.  I most dread needing to make sympathy cards because of the very nature of the situation that caused the need for a card in the first place.  However, I love the very opportunity to provide a word of comfort to anyone that is in need of it.

My friends recently lost their father suddenly, and I while I dreaded heading into my room to make them, I could not wait to send them a hug in the form of a handmade card.  For inspiration, I turned to Mojo Monday's latest sketch, and the soft hues of Close to My Heart's Huntington Paper.




The sketch gave me a great starting point to finally pull out my verve die cuts and matching stamps.  When I can't find what I need in my Close to My Heart My Acrylix, my Verve collection is one of my first stops.  I used the Bloom and Grow set with coordinating dies to stamp this flower in Autumn Terracotta, Barn Red, and Olive.  They were perfect for the overall theme.   I also added some Mocha Opaques to draw out the Champagne color from the Huntington zip strips I used for the banners.  The "heartfelt sympathy" is stamped in Slate Ink from the Verve Blessings set. 


The second card is quite similar using the same supplies except Cocoa Ink for the sentiment...




It will be a long process of saying goodbye for my friends this week.  I pray that God holds them tightly in his loving arms so that they know in their hearts it is really a matter of "until we meet again." 

7 comments:

  1. I dread making these cards too. I've found that making up a bunch of beautiful cards well in advance is the best way for me to do it. Then all I have to do is get them signed and sent out when they are needed. (That's another FEAT all on its own).
    Your cards are beautiful! Is that a heavier cardstock that you used for the diecuts or does it just look thicker because of the beautiful beveled edge?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used all CTMH CS...the dies just leave a gorgeous edge! I really love the look.

      Delete
  2. Pretty cards, Amie! I love how you used zip strips for banners! great idea!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julee, thanks so much for awesome compliment! I had a fabulous sketch to inspire me! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!