Monday, September 23, 2013

Color Dare Reminder and a New Record!!!

Get your creations in for this week's Color Dare by Thursday the 26th at NOON!

I just whipped this little CAS card up in 40 minutes FLAT!!!!  If you know me, you realize this is a totally record-breaking moment, lol!  I am celebrating by linking it up to CAS-ual Fridays CFC115 and the Color My Heart Color Dare right NOW!  ;) 


I used two fantastic Close to My Heart My Acrylix stamp sets for this one:  Cityscape and Perfect Fit Thanksgiving.  I simply (no pun intended....ok, so yeah, it is intended) ADORE this sentiment--"give thanks" in that petite little font.  Isn't it amazing?  The Olive Twine is from the Harvest Baker's Twine Assortment, and I cut that tiny tag from the Cricut Art Philosophy Cartridge.  :)

Can you see the sparkle that I HAD to add to the tree leaves?  Gotta love that Glitter Glitz!  This color is the Almond variety.




I used the three challenge colors and then used the neutrals Champagne, Colonial White, and Cocoa.

I am sooooooo in love with the CAS style right now!

ALSO!!!  In case you read an earlier post about my Aunt who has been battling some health issues, I wanted to let you know that this card is for her--after so many weeks, she is HOME!!!!  The docs are optimistic that they removed all the cancer, and she is eating her way back to her old self!  Praise God for all He has given and provides...give thanks!  :)

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on setting a new card making record! Your card is really pretty with just the right touch of glittered leaves bling!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Speed is not my forte, lol, so this was quite the feat! Thanks, Marie!

      Delete
  2. So simple and beautiful! Elegant...yeah, that's the word I'm looking for. This card is elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card. Cityscape is one of my new favourite stamp sets, and I love how you just pulled out the tree to use. So simple but impactful. Thanks for taking this week's Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the simplicity of your layout and the faded trio of trees. The tree is the only stamp I haven't used in the Cityscape set, and now I want to start playing. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The offset stamping on the trees is so cool! Love how you've incorporated a tag into your design...thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore using this technique....the off set stamping is gorgeous and subtle!!!
    Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!