Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Mojo Monday 250

For this week's Mojo Monday, I made a little tribute to two of my favorite CTMH colors that will be saying goodbye at the end of this month.  With the introduction of our new alcohol markers, and the change in our color palette to 42 colors, we are bidding a fond farewell to the following colors:  grey flannel, grey wool, brown bag, parchment, vanilla cream, amethyst, baby pink, heavenly blue, key lime, lilac mist, sunkiss yellow, taffy, dutch blue, holiday red, moonstruck, sunflower, sunny yellow, garden green, petal, spring iris, tulip, vineyard berry, garnet, and pansy purple.  Parting is such sweet sorrow, but you can still stock up until the end of the month! 

Here is this week's sketch, number 250:



Here is my version of the sketch:


Garden Green and Dutch Blue are two of my favorite colors from our pallet, so it will be hard to see them go.  I decided to use them together along with Outdoor Denim, Colonial White, and Chocolate for a nice "earthy" feel.  This sketch was a lot of fun to put together.  My card is 5 x 7 so that I would have plenty of space to get in the details.  I thought our wide Dark Chocolate Striped Grosgrain Ribbon was a perfect addition along with the Garden Green Organdy strip in the background.  Other embellishments include a crochet flower from the Bohemian Assortment, Chocolate buttons, and Chocolate Embroidery Floss.  I stamped the sentiment from the July Stamp of the Month, Live out Loud in Chocolate Ink.  I believe I also indulged in some real, live chocolate in the process.  ;)



I also have a product review for you today.  I found this Scrappin' Easelette on Ebay for only $19.99 which is a great price compared to elsewhere.  I am sooooo glad that I did!  Look at how the magnets hold the pieces of your card down while you lay it out.  I even put one in the spool of ribbon to hold it steady while I tinkered around so I didn't have to cut it until I was ready.  One of my favorite features of this is that you can move the entire thing out of the way if you need to start a different project.  I have to warn you that these magnets are not to be around little children because they are small and strong!  That would be the only downside to the product as a whole.  Whenever my tweezers or scissors get too close to one, they immediately and unexpectedly attract, lol.  Here is a picture of it in action:


Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. I love your take! I must get those chocolate buttons now...it's a sickness I tell ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Wendy, I KNOW! It really is...I am always happy that I am a papercrafter though and not a baker! ;)

      Delete

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!