Sunday, August 21, 2016

A Freshly Made Present

My dad's birthday is tomorrow...and his card is just going in the mailbox tomorrow too, ooops.  I sure am glad it's the thought that counts!  I'm also thankful for my phone, lol.  I went back to work this week, but I was finally able to squeeze in some time to make his card this weekend using the super-fun sketch this week over at Freshly Made Sketches.


His favorite color is orange!  :)

I used the new Adventure Paper Fundamentals from Close to My Heart for this one...the new colors Tangerine, Emerald, and Lemon really pop!  The bow is cut from the new Cricut Flower Market Collection and the sentiment set in white embossing powder is included in the same set.  I hardly EVER stamp a sentiment in inks other than black, so this was a fun change of pace!  I added a bit of twine to the gift for another fun detail.


I love how the present works perfectly with this week's sketch!  Thanks for popping in to see!  :)

Try all three Fundamentals collections and get the Rustic Home or Uptown Fundamentals FREE!

2 comments:

  1. So cute! Love how you turned the panel into a gift! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card! I love those big yellow polka dots! so fun! I'm sure your dad will love it! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!