Saturday, January 16, 2016

Planners Gotta Plan Blog Hop!



The Blog Hops with Heart team is BACK today with more crafty goodness!  This time, we are getting serious with PLANNERS!!!!  Our hop is one big circle, so just click on the name of the next blogger at the end of each post to see the next fantastic PLANNER idea.  I have included the entire list of talented bloggers at the end of the post if you should get lost.

Confession time:  I have ALWAYS kept a paper calendar, even after I got my first "smart" phone.  IMHO, paper is WAY better than tech in this respect.  I have to be able to SEE my week or month spread out in front of me to make it work.  (Those fantastic alerts you can set on the smart phones are a WHOLE other ballgame--LOVE those!)

Now that Close to My Heart has a the new Everyday Life Planner System, my paper-craft life is just about complete!  She is a real beauty with a gold foil inlay on the cover.


I do, however, also have a playful side that likes many other things than pretty paper...like MINIONS!  I would have minions if they were an actual thing.  I would!  But, until then, I made my own with Close to My Heart's new Thumb Notch Punch...


It was CRAZY easy to make this little man.  I just folded a piece of Pacifica CS in half and then put the FOLD side into the Thumb-Notch Punch.  That made his little pill-shaped body.  Then I used a little scrap of Canary CS to punch out two pieces--one for his head and one for the back side to attach over the paperclip using Liquid Glass.  It was just as easy adding the single eye over a short length of Silver Foil Tape.  I also added additional directions and measurements for these guy on THIS POST.

I stuck this little guy right on the date for our hop!  :)

Seriously, could they get any cuter???
That's all I have for you today.  I like things short and sweet these days, and I am guessing you might too!  You are off to Kelly's Blog to see what incredibly clever planner creation she has to share today.  Thanks for hopping by!  :)

Here is the entire list of the Blog Hops with Heart Team participating today in case you get lost...

Amie (that's ME!)





Enjoy!

P.S.  These PML pocket cards are available this month that match the Planner!  Get them, and the calendar pages (on SALE!) while they last!  :)



7 comments:

  1. So, so, so cute!!!!!! Seriously how do you come up with this stuff?!? I love how his sweet little minion face sticks out so perfectly when the pages are closed! Ingenious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I closed the planner and saw him peeking out I think I did swoon a bit! ;) THANK you so much for all the compliments!

      Delete
  2. Hee, hee. Love your minion paperclip. Making decorative paperclip and bookmarks is next on my list of things for my planner. Great hop. Thanks for getting us all organized.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had my eye on cute paperclips for a while and could not believe how easily it went together with that punch! Thanks for being a part of our hop and all the inspiration!!! :)

      Delete
  3. Oh Miss Amie, you had me at Minion! LOL I'm in love with your Minion and of course I have to order the punch now :) I'll be making these paperclips for Erica, Kassi and I while we wait for sweet Baby T to arrive. Miss you lots! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have known you would love this one! Endless possibilities! Thanks, my friend! I'm working on a plan now! ;)

      Delete
  4. Ok, so you already know I think you are a crafty genius...How do you take the littlest paperclip and turn it in to pure awesomeness??? I know my grammar is failing me, after my long day. But, I can't really put into words how much I love this! I'm going to have to scraplift this to make a bookmark for my son!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!