Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Watercolor Wednesday!

Well, I have to say, as much as I wish we still had some washi to play with from the new Close to My Heart Idea Books, at least we have NEW Watercolor Paints to ease the transition!  :)

Today I finally get to show you one of my FAVORITE new My Acrylix Stamp set from Annual Inspirations...Diamonds are Forever!  I played around with it for the first time a while ago and have been pretty excited to share it...


Did you notice the sentiment ^^^^^ at the bottom of the set?  It is totally MY MOTTO!!!!  :)


This adorable light bulb is cut from acetate packaging (most likely from my crafty supplies like Cricut cartridges, lol.)  The filament inside is glitter paper, of course! This light bulb image is found on the brand NEW Cricut Artistry Cartridge from Close to My Heart!  :)

You can't even see the glue dots I used to hold this together!

For the sentiment, I stamped in Versamark Ink on uncolored Watercolor Paper, sprinkled with  Ranger Superfine White Embossing Powder, and hit it with my craft heater...that way, when I painted over the sentiment, it stayed white!


What do you think of the trendy Watercolor technique?  I am really loving it!  :)

September Stamp of the Month

Celebrate National Stamping Month!


5 comments:

  1. I love how you used the acetate packaging. How clever and environmentally friendly! I thought about you when I first saw that stamp set and figured it would be the first one you ordered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you get the lightbulb cut?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guess I forgot to put that info in my post, sorry! The light bulb is on the new Cricut Artistry Cartridge from Close to My Heart. :) Here is a link... http://mimimyselfandi.ctmh.com/Retail/Product.aspx?ItemID=8545&ci=2600

      Delete
    2. You have to copy/paste the link, lol.

      Delete

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!