Monday, September 14, 2015

A Masculine Birthday Card with Artistry and Zoe

Oh my goodness, how is it that a birthday can just SNEAK up on you like that???  Does anyone else understand that, or am I the only one who habitually sends birthday cards a teeny bit late?  Anyone? 

Sigh, anyway, my FIL had his 69th birthday this past weekend, and I needed something FAST!  (Thank goodness he was out of town, so it bought me another day, lol.)  I had a TON of cuts from the NEW Cricut Artistry Collection laying around, so I grabbed a couple of them and had a card put together quicker than you can say, "The mailman is coming!"  ;)


The party hat cut is easy to use in any color scheme you like.  I paired it with the happy birthday sentiment cut in White Daisy.  The papers and cardstock (except the Sweet Leaf) are all included in the Zoe Paper Packet from Close to My Heart, so I knew it all coordinated before I even started. 


Embellishing is super fun with freehand stitching and lines drawn both on the hat and around the edges of the pattern paper.  I also distressed the edges heavily with Slate Exclusive Ink.  Those little enamel stars were originally white.  I used my ShinHan touch Twin Alcohol Ink Marker in Golden Yellow to easily change them. 

Yep, it was that easy!  :)

September is National Stamping Month!

September Stamp of the Month



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!