Thursday, February 13, 2014

A Valentine's Day Coffee Gift Card Holder with Art Philosophy

I have said it before, and I'll say it again...I am a lazy crafter!  If it takes too many steps, I'm out before I started.  SO why in the world did I not use a simple tutorial for this project???

Oh, no.  I just HAD to make a CCR file using the Close to My Heart Cricut Art Philosophy Cartridge!  Yep.  I was determined to do it after seeing so many cute coffee cups.  I KNEW I could design one of my own, and I did!  The best part is that I can cut every single part from my Cricut for my workshops!  AHA!  There is the lazy factor!  ;)

Here is my final product, and you better believe it took a bit of java to get me here, lol...


I simply welded and altered shapes from the Art Philosophy Cartridge to make each part of this card, cut them out, and assembled!  The scallop behind the sentiment is a punch that CTMH used to carry, but I sure could make it on the Cricut if I wanted to do it that way.

I used the brand new Paper Fundamentals Basic Assortment from CTMH for the cute heart pattern sleeve and am linking this creation up to the Heart 2 Heart Hearts Galore Challenge this month.  The sentiment is one of many included in the Holiday Tags My Acrylix.  A retired glitter button, some contraband baker's twine, and a Flamingo Dot round out the embellishments.  That's it!


You can attach a gift card to the insert with a couple of glue dots.



I wrote a little instruction on the back just in case...


You can decorate the back of your card with another sleeve if you like, but I wanted to have plenty of room to write a little message.  :)

This Paper Fundamentals Paper is FANTASTIC!  There is a clear resist pattern on one side and the same pattern in white on the other.  Two of each of the neutral color palate for a total of 20 sheets in each pack.  I will be making this one from the Idea Book for SURE!!!  Who's IN???


Are you ready for some GREAT news?  Anyone who places an order on my website is eligible to receive the CCR file for these Coffee Gift Card Holders!  Just place an order and let me know you want me to email it to you!  It is THAT easy!  I did all the hard work for us, lol!  Shop now at www.mimimyselfandi.ctmh.com

There is also one more way to get the CCR file from me--this will be one of the cards available to make at my Creative Cards Workshop on Feb. 28th at 7 pm.  All attendees will be able to have the file absolutely free!  There are several themes available for the card since it will be past Valentine's Day.  Here is a shot of the stamp set so you can preview some of your choices...



Remember!  Did you read my newsletter?  When you place an order at my workshop, you get a discount on the workshop now!  I will have all the details up on my Workshop tab shortly!  :)


2 comments:

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!