Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Getting Punny and Linky!

Alright!  I am soooooo excited to share my latest creation!  I have been an admirer of Wendy Coffman's art for almost as long as I have been with Close to My Heart as a consultant.  She makes absolutely amazing cards and decor and had been the motivating factor in several of my past purchases, lol.  Well, this time, one of her creations spurred me on to make one of my own.  Here is her beautiful set of cards she made with the Pun Fun stamp set.  I fell in love with it and stewed on it for a while before I decided to come up with a set of Pun Fun cards of my own.  Which paper packet do you think I reached for?  Dotty for YOU of course, one of my FAVORITE ever paper packs!  I cannot get enough of this retired paper so it is a good thing I have a stash of it, lol.  I hope you love these cards as much as I do.  Actually, you have already seen one!  Here they are:


Recognize the little turtle?  It is the card I gave to my monkey on her birthday last week.  You can see it HERE to get the details if you missed it.  Now here are the rest one by one...

All of the sentiments/pictures from the Pun Fun My Acrylix are stamped in Archival Black Ink so that when it was dry it would allow me to color in the pictures without the black bleeding.


How fun is this one?  The lemon is colored with the Honey and Sweet Leaf Alcohol Ink Markers.  I added some extra fun with sweet leaf ribbon from the Designer Ribbon Green Collection and a Dimensional Elements Heart.


This little bee is just darling, and I absolutely love the saying.  I think he goes beeutifully with the striped background paper. 


This was also the perfect card to spruce up with some flower embellies.  I chose the Just Blooms Paradise Assortment Flowers with a pretty green sparkle.  Behind it, you can see the Paradise Baker's Twine in Lagoon.


 A bit of Glitz in Stardust and two Licorice Opaques gave him a little lift.  I colored in his body with Honey Alcohol Ink Markers and the silver Metallic Marker.


I had to incorporate the chevron Dotty pattern somewhere, and this one was perfect for it.  Shimmer Trim really lights up the two lower corners of the card.  Bitty Sparkles are the sprinkles on the cake!


Have you noticed my bows are suddenly a sight to behold?  Lol...that is because I finally purchased a Bow-Easy from Ebay!  I can make several different sizes of perfect little bows now.  I love it!  This one is from the retired Pink Collection. (sorry!)


Oh how I LOVE this big bow!  The dress Punny needed some feminine embellishments, so that is exactly what I gave it.


This is a stick pin from the Bling Assortment Pack.  I stuck it through one of the Smoothie Paper Flowers and on through the bow made of the Sweet Leaf Bulk Grosgrain Ribbon.


Bitty pearls dot the bodice and hem of the little dress.  Sweet Leaf and Smoothie Alcohol Ink Markers filled it in.  These markers are great for shading images to give them dimension.  I am still learning how to get it just right.


 Finally, the rocking chair was colored in Sweet Leaf Alcohol Ink Marker.  How did that Shimmer Trim get in there?!  I am telling you it just hops onto everything I make these days!  ;)


 I ran some grey Neutral Collection Baker's Twine along one side and attached a sweet leaf button.  I used liquid glass to adhere the two glitter buttons that can be found in the Bohemian Assortment.


I had so much fun making these cards and creating a set that actually coordinated.  I encourage you to get a set of these versatile stamps and come up with one of your own with your favorite papers!

I am going to link this up to Wendy's Friday Favorite Things giveaway and show her what she inspired me to create!  :)  Thanks, Wendy!  And thanks to everyone for popping in to see!



10 comments:

  1. LOL..."how did that shimmer trim get in there?" hahaha! I am having that same problem lately ;) LOVE LOVE LOVE your cards! The details are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW! LOL...it is a full blown addiction now. Thanks, Jayma!

      Delete
  2. WOW ... WOW ... WOWSERS!!!!! You are the queen of creative productivity! Right before I read about your "bow easy" I thought, "look at that fantastic little bow". I laughed so loud that my daughter came running from the other room. She was a bit disappointed, but I enjoyed the moment perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I LOVE it! Our kids just don't get it, lol. Thank you so much for the kind words. If you only knew how long I have been planning these, then productive might be removed from your comment. Took forever to take shape. ;)

      Delete
  3. I want to eat these cards with a spoon! Maybe it's the dotty, I don't know...

    Love these so much, please start selling your cards on etsy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha!! Dotty does that to a person. Don't let your mom see. ;) We shall see about Etsy!

      Delete
  4. OMG. LOVE them ALL! They are sensational! And your bows look amazing! I think I need to invest in a Bow-Easy....my bows are not flash at all.

    Abbey :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ha, thanks! Yes--you should! Without my Bow-Easy they would be blah, lol!

      Delete
  5. I love this paper and this card set is super adorable! Thanks so much for linking to Friday Favorite Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Wendy!!! And thank you so much for the inspiration! :)

      Delete

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!