Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Washi Wednesday Meets #jrlcreativechallenge

I am so excited to share this washi project today...It has been on my brain's backburner FOREVER, but I finally got motivated and actually made it with the latest #jrlcreativechallenge -- getting creative with WASHI!

Washi is a super thin tape, so it doesn't add much bulk to your paper.  That means it will ALSO run through your Cricut machine stuck to CS!  :)

My first step was to design my cuts in Cricut Design Space so I could see exactly where on my paper to put the washi tape.  I used the following images from the Close to My Heart Artfully Sent Cartridge: the Celebrate Card (M10113C) sized at a 5 inch height, Pocket Card (M100F7D) sized at a 6 inch height, and Envelope #11 (MEF85D) sized at an 8.65 inch height.


After you save your design, click the GO button to view your mats.  This will show you exactly where to place your washi on a piece of CS.  In this case, I decided to go all out and washi the whole 9 x 12 CS!  :)


Here's a quick tip--go slowly when unrolling washi!  It is super-thin, so likes to come off before you are fully ready for it to rip sometimes.  Luckily, it is also easy to piece back together--bet you can't tell very easily where I had to!  ;)

I used my Non-Stick Micro Tip Scissors to trim the washi.
Next, place your CS on the cricut mat and cut away!

Another use for washi!  Holds your CS to your mat!  ;)


I decided to use just the letters for my first project.  I placed them roughly in the same places as they were on the cutting mat to align the washi lines...the black CS really made the colors POP!


A few silver sequins as embellishments, and I was done!  :)


Be sure to come back tomorrow to see what I did with the rest of the washi cuts!  :)

Here is a list of all the CTMH washi I used...

Honey Triangles
Silver Geometric
Ruby Chevron
Topiary Striped
Lagoon Hearts (cut in half lengthwise)
Sunset Chevron (cut in half lengthwise)


Stamp of the Month--last week to get yours!

Only a few more days for BOGO 50% OFF! 

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE how the bright colors pop on the black cardstock!! I love your card and the washi tape you used is perfectly placed to complement each pattern and color. beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jayma! Placement was all planned, of course...NOT! Lol, sometimes things totally work out no matter how unplanned they might be to start! Thank you so much! :)

      Delete
  2. Your site has really expanded in information & clarity. Really enjoy the ideas you teach. You are very thorough. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thank you so very much for that awesome compliment! :)

      Delete

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!