Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Tag (You're It!) Tuesday and the Changing Challenge

Hey!  Welcome back to my corner of the blogosphere!  Have you ever started out making something for one challenge, and it morphs into another one before you eyes?  Well, THAT, my friends is what I am talking about today...and I even tied a tag in for Tag (You're It!) Tuesday!

It all started when I set out to make a monochromatic color scheme for the MCT Designer's Challenge in WHITE.  HOWEVER, I could NOT keep from adding some color, and so the way it ended up, I laid it out for a completely different challenge--CAS(E) this Sketch!


After I cut the tag, clouds, and back piece of vellum, I realized rather quickly that this sunshine just HAD to be yellow.  NO way around it...so there went the monochromatic part of the card already, lol.


I used a few of my favorite MCT stamps and dies for this one.  The background panel is a piece of vellum that I embossed with the Close to My Heart Chevron Embossing Folder.  That unique and genius cut across the bottom--was a total accident!  LOL!  I pulled the vellum out of the folder, and it started to break apart at the zigs and zags...so I went with it!  When you are creating, trust me when I say mistakes are sometimes your BFF!  ;)

The sun is cut on Babycakes Pattern Paper and Honey CS using the CTMH Cricut Art Philosophy Cartridge.  This was Close to My Heart's very first Cricut Cart, and it is one of the most solidly designed with fantastic basics and staple cuts like circles and label shapes.  Need a sun--you got it! 


The cloudy background from MCT looks fab whether stamped in a solid way or rapidly done for a more rugged look.  I inked it up with Sky Exclusive ink on this tag.  Those flat-bottom clouds are some of my faves!

That darling little butterfly is die cut vellum that has been colored with my Alcohol Ink Marker in Smoothie, and glittered up with the Wink of Stella Glitter Brush Marker.  SO.  MUCH.  FUN!


Tell me this one didn't NEED those bursts of color!  ;)



5 comments:

  1. Your card is gorgeous, pretty, and fun!! What a combination but doesn't get any better than this and it's guaranteed to chase the winter blahs!! Great creative job and love everything you used from MCT and CTMH great creative job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is exactly what I need to chase away! Thanks for so many wonderful comments, Joan! :)

      Delete
  2. Love it!! The pop of colour from the sun and butterfly are gorgeous and make us believe that summer really IS on its way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love your mix of elements -- this looks fabulous! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!