Friday, September 21, 2012

Three-peat Stamping!

Thank you for coming in to take a peek at my latest post!  All the girls (and guy!) over on one of my Close to My Heart Facebook groups are trying out this amazingly simple yet powerful stamping technique called triple stamping.  You can see how to do it HERE in this YouTube video by Dawn.  Thank you for the great tutorial, Dawn!  It is a great way to make a beautiful card using only stamping to get a lot of bang for your buck.   I like to call it Three-peat Stamping, myself....any former Bulls fans out there?  Do you remember the day?  Sigh...but I digress.  :)

Here is my first attempt:


I really wanted to use the Pirouette stamp for this to see how it would look.  I really like the effect, but let me tell you, I need more practice with this stamp because it is large!  Large, and solid, lol.  It left some blank spaces to fill in with a black marker, but that really wasn't too difficult to fix up.  I also must have been a little crooked, because my sentiment is running downhill, lol.  Ooops!  See, bloggers make mistakes too!   I admit, I was in a hurry to see how it would look.  Lesson learned!  Slow down and get it right.  Now I know I like the look, so I will definitely make more of these!  ;)

I made a total of SIX different cards like this tonight!  I will post others in the days to come, but here are two more right now:


For both of these cards I used the Pemberley Workshop Stamp set from the previous Idea Book.  I used the Pemberley Paper Packet which is still available to try a pattern paper as the mat on the first card.  I like the effect, but I LOVE how the darker, solid mat makes it POP!


Which one do you prefer?  I would love to know!


Remember, I am having a giveaway for anyone who orders on my website through my Card Workshop Gathering and helps me reach my goal this month!  I am soooooo close!!!  Read about it HERE!

11 comments:

  1. I love all three cards. I just taught this to some gals tonight. I learned my technique from Dawn as well. I LOVE the Pemberley WOTG cards. I prefer the one with cardstock but if that one wasn't around to compare, I'd love the one with the B&T paper too. That's a great way to use up a bit of my Pemberley B&T too. Thanks for the great post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the awesome feedback! I am also going to do this at my next workshop. You will see the card in a few days! ;)

      Delete
  2. I love them all Amie! I like how you did this technique with the B&T paper, would not have thought of that. Thanks for sharing this with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have been wanting to try it and finally had the time! :)

      Delete
  3. pemberly is my all-time favorite p p. i really like that stamp set too. my fave would be the dark solid mats.
    cindie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love that paper and stamp too! Thanks for stopping in--come back soon to see more triple stamping. :)

      Delete
  4. Amie, you always do amazing cards. I'm partial to the black mat. I love black and white with a pop of color, so that wins my vote. I've been wanting to try this card and haven't had the time. I may have to do that now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess my smart phone isn't so smart! I replied yesterday, and it isn't here, lol. You have to try these, Dana--super easy and fun! You are too kind about my cards...I never thought I would make cards more than scrapbook! ;)

      Delete
  5. What a cool technique! Must try this! It was awesome to meet you in St. Louis at the Regional Celebration, Amie! You have a new follower in ME. :) Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Jane!!! SOOOO happy to see you again so soon. ;) I am glad to have met you as well--what a whirlwind! See you on your blog soon, too. God bless!

      Delete
  6. I LOVE these...especially the pirouette! I don't have that stamp set yet. I keep adding it to my order, taking it off, adding it, taking it off. I think it will stay on next time :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!