Monday, January 2, 2012

Cricut Circle Magazine Challenge Entry is Finished!

Hello!  I am off to a much better start with my crafting this year!  For the Mag challenge, we have to use the Cricut Craft Room to design and cut any project of our choice.  Well, my neighbors are about to have a little bouncing, baby boy any day now, so I took the opportunity to make a little something for them.  It is a decorated shadowbox frame--one of my new favorite things to make, by the way!  They can add a picture of the little sweetie after he arrives.  I really like how the colors came together...
 You can see how I made the boat and one of the clouds pop with some adhesive foam.

 I had a lot of fun with the waves.  I grabbed each point with my tweezers and pulled!  Gave them a bit of motion, don't you think?  :)
I used my E2 to cut this project from CCR.  The carts I used were Jubilee for the letters, Pooh and Friends for the clouds and sail boat, Lacy Labels for the matting for the picture, and Life's a Beach for the waves.  The background paper is Recollections Fashionably Chic from M's.  The brown in the little boat is actually a thin cardboard backing from some packaging.  That awesome paper in the middle is Bazzill Basics Dotted Swiss cardstock.  I love it!  Here is the BEST part of this project--I purchased NOTHING new for it!  I used materials that I already owned and mostly paper scraps for my cuts!  I have joined in on a great thread in the circle message boards in which all of the participants are using only the crafty things we already own all the way through March 31st!  There are a few things like adhesive and cricut blades or mats that we are allowed to buy and we do get one pass during the time frame.  People have already shown some great things they are working on, and I cannot wait to post this!

2 comments:

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!