Monday, September 25, 2017

Turkey Place-cards for Thanksgiving Planning

Hi again!  I had a fantastic little idea come together pretty sweetly recently, so I wanted to share it in case anyone is already planning ahead for hosting Thanksgiving this year.  I know, I know, here in the Midwest, with weather in the 90's it's pretty hard to even THINK about the seasonal holidays coming up, lol!  BEFORE the heat wave kicked in, I used some of the great new Thin Cuts from Close to My Heart to create this little Turkey Place-card out of an Easy Easel Card...


Isn't he the cutest little thing?  Guess what?  He is made entirely out of different leaf dies!  :)  I used the Falling for You Cardmaking Stamp and Thin Cut set and the Leaf Thin Cuts dies.  I chose Kraft CS, Fern, Goldrush, Saffron, Peacock, and Canary CS along with the Falling for You pattern paper.

That little leaf is popped up with a foam dot so it will catch the easel part of the card.


First I used glue dots to layer his body with those first three leaf shapes in the picture above to give it a bit of dimension.  The two leaf stems hang down to form his drumsticks!  :)  I used my Carmine and Marigold ShinHan Touch Twin Markers along with a black fine-tip pen and white gel pen to add some character to his facial features and legs.

Here is a picture of the easel card when it is closed...


I know what you want to know!  How did I make that easy-peasy easel card!  My amazing and creative friend, Shelly, showed me how to make this version over the summer...you just use a pre-made size A2 card base!  Here's a quick picture guide...

Gotta love the new features on PicMonkey!  :)

You might want to pick up this wonderful Stamp of the Month to go with your Thanksgiving crafting, too!


THANK YOU for stopping by today!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!