Tuesday, May 6, 2014

A Box Card fit for a Teacher

I don't know about you, but each year, about this same time, I realize that May is CRAZY!!!   I'm talking about birthdays, Mother's Day, End of the School Year, and this year--GRADUATION!  How does it all manage to sneak up on me?  I need an alarm to go off sometime in the middle of April that reminds me of the craziness to ensue so I can get a jump on it.  ;)

Well, this weekend I checked one thing off my list.  I finished up a card for my daughter's teacher--and it wasn't just ANY card.  It was a BOX card!  They are all the rage right now, so just had to try one.  I LOVE how easy it was!


If you stick around just a bit longer, I will show you all the details!  :)  I used a few of my current and retired Close to My Heart My Acrylix including Sightseer, School Years, and Terrific Teacher.  The tops of the front panels are meant to look like chalkboards. 


I used several Cricut cartridges and my Expression 2 for this project.  Have you ever used the Cricut Craft Room to search for shapes?  It is so much easier than going through each of the handbooks if you have an extensive collection.

I ended up using this apple that I already had in my leftover cuts, so not sure which that is on...but the rest are as follows:

clouds and grass:  Close to My Heart Artiste
school house:  Wrap It Up
ruler:  Close to My Heart Artbooking


These single digits were just left over from the ruler...


My sun is made with an old CM punch...


Here is what the card looks like while it is closing or opening...


...and here it is fully closed.  The one I made fits into a size A2 envelope!  


I just used the tutorial over at Splitcoast Stampers for this one...making a tiny adjustment to make the panels at the top just 1/4 inch shorter.  You really need to try it!  :)

2 comments:

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!