Sunday, January 27, 2013

Playing with My New Peachy Keen Stamps

Hi everyone!  How's your Sparkle today?  Mine is all intact!   

 I wanted to play around some more with my new valentine Peachy Keen Bears, so I made this cute card for someone at church who is healing from surgery.  I wanted it to be super-special for her, and I thought this would do the trick!  :)


 I saw that the Peachy Keen Challenge this week is to use hearts, so I was was like, OH YEAH, I am totally linking up to that!  Ha, ha, ha, I totally went valley on you right there!  ;)  I colored the roses in with my Close to My Heart Alcohol Ink Markers.  Then, I added the necessary bling with my Glitter Glitz in pink and green.  Because of my color scheme, I decided to leave the bear white.  OK, fine, I don't have brown markers yet!  It is killing me, I assure you.  I am being a good girl and waiting though....sigh.  I do like polar bears though...

The heart that tops the black and white bakers twine is made with a stamp from the Whooo's Your Valentine Kit My Acrylix set.  You can still get this kit for only $10 on my website!  Click the link to the right if you are interested by January 31st! 


I love the curly Q's on the sentiments that go with these stamps.  Even the font helps you feel better!



I used White Daisy, Hollyhock, and Garden Green (retired) Cardstock.  The green is embossed with a dot pattern that I love.  The pink paper is part of a cut from my Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge.  I just wanted something to frame the bear, and this worked perfectly!  Finally, for some more sparkle, our new black shimmer trim!!!  It will be available for you to get addicted to starting February 1st!  Not long now!  See it sparkle?  You GOTTA have a little sparkle in everything you do!


Thanks so much for stopping in!

12 comments:

  1. Loving your card. I'm sure that the receiver will be cheered!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know she was! It makes my day to be able to bring a smile to someone's face. I am pretty sure that is why God has allowed me to do what I do. :)

      Delete
  2. I would love to be sick just to get a card that pretty! Thanks for sharing your artwork and inspiring! Kathi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can make other pretty cards too, Kathi, LOL! Don't get sick! ;) Thanks so much for the compliment though, lol!

      Delete
  3. So cute! Love your coloring and the sparkle too! Thanks for joining us in this week's Peachy Keen Stamps Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cassandra! Thanks so much--love your stuff over there! :)

      Delete
  4. WOW FANTASTIC job!your little bear is ADORABLE,Thanks for joining us in this week's Challenge at Peachy Keen Stamps!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cindy! Thank you for all the inspiration over there! :)

      Delete
  5. Darling bear, I think his green eyes are a nice touch. Thanks for playing Peachy Keen's Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Melissa! I hope to play often...love what you guys make! :)

      Delete
  6. This is beautiful! LOL...love the polar bear! AND the black shimmer trim, of course! I haven't used mine yet...I'd better rectify that soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I sure can't wait to see what you make! It's going to be ALL polar bears in these parts, lol. What would a gray bear be? Hmmmm....

      Delete

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!