Thursday, December 6, 2012

Flakey Friends Christmas Cards

I am not quite ready for snow yet, but snowmen I can handle!  Here are a few of the Christmas Cards I have made using the Close to My Heart C1506 Flakey Friends My Acrylix Stamps.



These first two are made with the Wonderland Bulk paper from Close to My Heart which is retired.
I colored them in with our awesome Alcohol Ink Markers.  Then I added some Glitter Glitz to the snowy parts of the picture for some sparkle.  I used CC1015 Holiday Wishes for both sentiments.


The cardstock with my snowman friend is popped up with some foam tape for dimension.


Some shimmer trim was inevitable...


For the second card, I changed up the color scheme for the picture a bit and flipped the background paper to the other side.  A new sentiment gave the card whole new possibilities.


Here is that Glitter Glitz...




Finally, I wanted to do a more traditional color scheme.  I embossed our Sweet Leaf cardstock and sanded it to reveal the white core.  I LOVE using our cardstock to do this easy but powerful technique.  I stamped some White Daisy snowflakes onto Cranberry cardstock to break up the red.  The simple sentiment sums up my wish for the recipient.  It is from the D1492 Christmas Love My Acrylix set.


A bit of organdy ribbon and twine wrap this one up just perfectly!



You can find these adorable snowmen in my Etsy shop now just in time for Christmas or on my CTMH website to make your own!



12 comments:

  1. LOVE ... especially since I've been playing with the same stamps. How did you make the tiny bird red?? I considered a bunch of options, but it's just so small!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK ... and also ... all that glittery stuff is perfect! The sparkly, sunny days of winters with lots of snow are my favorite.

      Delete
    2. I love the sparkling snow too! I think I pretty much just love everything that is sparkly anymore! ;) I inked the whole stamp except for the bird with Momento Ink, and then I used the old markers to color in the bird. It isn't too hard since it is on the outskirts of the stamp. Know what I mean? Try it!

      Delete
  2. Just got this stamp set... am moving so won't be able to use it til late December! But I want to use it now after seeing your cute snowmen! They make great tag faces too! Thanks for sharing! Kathi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I meant to use some of them for tags, but got card happy, lol! Can't wait to use him on a tag though...thinking about cutting him out to pop him up. ;)

      Delete
    2. Oh, and good luck with your move! Prayers for a smooth and uneventful trip!

      Delete
  3. I love this stamp set!! I had thought about coloring in the snowmen but I liked them not colored too!! Love your cards!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am thinking about a black and white as we speak! (type?) Lol!!!

      Delete
  4. Amie I LOVE these! I laughed at "some shimmer trim was inevitable." LOL! I feel that way, too. I wish I had that sentiment set now, for the 'tis the season to sparkle stamp!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, ha! Thanks, Jayma! I believe the shimmer trim and I have become one. I might need to move out your way to stop sparkling. ;)

      Delete

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!