Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Graduation Card Makeover

I only have one graduation party to go to this year, so I wanted to make a special card.  I decided to use the My Originals Sweet Surprises Card Kit.   The kid contains all the contents you need to create 10 treat filled cards.  This time, however, instead of a sweet surprise, it would be one of the cold, hard cash variety.  ;)  I only used the card base, envelope, and chipboard flag from the kit, and dressed it up with some other CTMH products.  This card is for a friend's son, so I went with a color scheme of Honey and Dutch Blue with Black as my neutral other than the Kraft card.  Here is the front:
 I really like these cork shapes in the Color-Ready Evergreen pack.  They are fun to ink up, and really add a great texture to any project.  I used my distressing tool on the strip of honey here because I wanted to continue the rugged theme of the card.  
 For this arrow, I stuck it to the Honey cardstock and then trimmed it out.  OK, so yes, I MATTED the arrow sticker.  Can you really blame me?  I LOVE matting!  Here it adds some extra pop and color.  :)
 The inside of the card includes some cuts from the Happy Graduation Cricut Cartridge from Provo Craft.  The stamp sets I used are Tag the Occasion, You Are..., and Thoughtful Tidings.
In looking back at these pics, I realized I missed out on another matting opportunity with the blue strip of stars at the top of the inside of the card.  Wouldn't it have looked fabulous matted in Honey?  Sigh.  Maybe next time.  Thanks for looking!


DON'T FORGET!!!  Stampaganza only lasts until June 30th!  The last time Close to My Heart ran this buy 2, get 1 free promotion was almost THREE YEARS ago, so take advantage of it while it lasts to grab those My Acrylix Stamp sets you have had your eyes on!  You can link to my website here to browse and order:  http://mimimyselfandi.ctmh.com/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!