Monday, June 22, 2015

Three Challenges in One!

Alright, it sure isn't often that you just hit that SWEET spot when crafting, but everything lined up JUST right to make this special birthday card and it all started with this simple-tastic sketch from Jen for Freshly Made Sketches...


It also started with a great little bit of theme and color inspiration with this picture from the MCT Challenge!

The card was going to be for my daughter's birthday next month, so I selected just the perfect paper from Close to My Heart called Seaside.

The paper strip at the top is from the Blossom Paper Packet also from CTMH.

I knew right away when I saw the sketch that I wanted to use my neglected Paper Smooches Happy Birthday die for the sentiment...






If you read my blog regularly, you might know my big kid went off to college this past year for the first time EVER. Her campus has a very unique system of transportation via yellow bikes that you just grab and go.  I could not WAIT to use the MCT Way to Go dies to make one for the card!  She is going to LOVE it!

I used Canary CS from CTMH and a black from my stash that has a little bit of a texture.

I always like to add a bit of sparkle to my cards, and the almond glitter glitz gel I used for the sand is actually on clearance on my website right now!  :)

I cannot believe I made it work for all three challenges this week!  Thanks to all the DTs for all the amazing inspiration each month, and thanks to YOU for peeking in on me today!  :)





3 comments:

  1. Such a fun card Amie!
    Thanks for sharing and playing along in the My Creative Time Designers Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how cool! I'm sure your daughter will love this. Love the road you created! Thanks so much for playing with us at PaperSmooches Sparks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet she will love it. Thanks for sharing your cute card.
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!